"Nine More Times"

Options
Allow Me to Encourage You Today:

I have been feeling down about my weight for the last three days. I still have so much weight to lose. I started about eight weeks ago, and I have only lost 14 pounds. Then I had an epiphany just five minutes ago.

One more pound, and I will have 10% of the total amount I want to lose! And to be honest, I think I have already lost it- I will know for sure at my Weight Watchers weigh-in tomorrow.

My real epiphany was this: If I do what I have been doing just nine more times, I will have met my goal. Just nine more times of losing 14 pounds. Nine more times of walking and running for eight weeks. Just nine more times of having a pattern of right choices. Just nine more times.

For those of you who are discouraged, keep your chin up- it is worth it. If you are at your 10%, and are down on your self, just think, "just nine more times".

You can do it. Don't quit.

Replies

• definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Allow Me to Encourage You Today:

I have been feeling down about my weight for the last three days. I still have so much weight to lose. I started about eight weeks ago, and I have only lost 14 pounds. Then I had an epiphany just five minutes ago.

One more pound, and I will have 10% of the total amount I want to lose! And to be honest, I think I have already lost it- I will know for sure at my Weight Watchers weigh-in tomorrow.

My real epiphany was this: If I do what I have been doing just nine more times, I will have met my goal. Just nine more times of losing 14 pounds. Nine more times of walking and running for eight weeks. Just nine more times of having a pattern of right choices. Just nine more times.

For those of you who are discouraged, keep your chin up- it is worth it. If you are at your 10%, and are down on your self, just think, "just nine more times".

You can do it. Don't quit.

AMEN TO THIS!!! So what I needed to hear, thanks friend!!!
  • back_to_18
    back_to_18 Posts: 28
    Options
    Excellent!

That's exactly how I'm trying to think. Every day I don't eat a load of unhealthy stuff is a victory and another step on the way to my goal weight.

Keep it up - you're doing great and are an inspiration to others.
  • taziwac
    taziwac Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to look at - break down the larger task into more manageable smaller tasks.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!!! Thanks for this
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Great post, thanks!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in 8 weeks? I'd say you're kicking butt! Way to go!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today at my Weight Watchers meeting today. I am now at just over 10% of the total amount I want to lose. I just need to do this nine more times! It's taken me nine weeks. So I have 81 weeks left to go to meet my goal, maybe sooner, but 81 weeks is just a year and a half!
  • Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really need to adopt your positive attitude! I am currently 262lbs. I found out recent;y, from 2 different doctors that, if I have hopes of eventually getting pregnant and, on top of that, having a safe healthy pregnancy that I need to lose at least 20% of my body weight. When this happened I was at the highest I have ever been, 275lbs. It was depressing to hear, especially for 2 different docs. the 20% is roughly 55lbs, so I took that on as my first goal (ultimate goal is to get out of the plus size clothing section). I started on June 5th. I've lost about 13lbs so far. I have been discouraged because, even though I can see on the scale that I have lost weight. I can't really feel it, clothes are still fitting the same and just the general uncomfortable overweight feelings. It gets me down. After reading this post it got me thinking, I am about 20% towards my first goal, 8 more times. Looking at it that way, makes me feel better. makes me feel I AM actually getting somewhere. I just need to keep the motivation up. Thank you for this. I have an awesome support system in my family, friends and boyfriend but sometimes it takes a stranger in the same boat as I am to make me see.
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    I really need to adopt your positive attitude! I am currently 262lbs. I found out recent;y, from 2 different doctors that, if I have hopes of eventually getting pregnant and, on top of that, having a safe healthy pregnancy that I need to lose at least 20% of my body weight. When this happened I was at the highest I have ever been, 275lbs. It was depressing to hear, especially for 2 different docs. the 20% is roughly 55lbs, so I took that on as my first goal (ultimate goal is to get out of the plus size clothing section). I started on June 5th. I've lost about 13lbs so far. I have been discouraged because, even though I can see on the scale that I have lost weight. I can't really feel it, clothes are still fitting the same and just the general uncomfortable overweight feelings. It gets me down. After reading this post it got me thinking, I am about 20% towards my first goal, 8 more times. Looking at it that way, makes me feel better. makes me feel I AM actually getting somewhere. I just need to keep the motivation up. Thank you for this. I have an awesome support system in my family, friends and boyfriend but sometimes it takes a stranger in the same boat as I am to make me see.

Iron sharpens iron! I am so glad I could be an encouragement to you! Friend me if you wish!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a great thing to remember!
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    No longer is it Nine More Times. I've lost 23 pounds now. In just two more pounds, so of course that will be 25 pounds lost. I should it by Thursday. So, 25 pounds, 14 weeks. So if I do this NOT nine more times, but just FIVE more times, I will be at goal. Yes, what a feeling!

So, how long does that make it for me?

Well, 14 weeks, and I need to do this five more times. That's 70 weeks. I should be at goal by December 18, 2013.

You know, that sounds like a long way off. But by then, if I don't stay on course, I will look back just wish I had.

Just FIVE MORE TIMES!!!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post :-)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    BTW, 14lbs in 8 weeks is GREAT PROGRESS!!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Great Job. small attainable goals are a lot easier and more satisfying than one big far away goal, that will take ten times the effort. That's the way to do it
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've actually been doing this a lot. Lot's of mental math like I'm 38% there. And if I lose what I've already lost again, I'd be in a healthy BMI range. Which is freaking insane to think about. Haha!
  • Dad_of_3
    Options
    This is a revised edition, too. I was nine more times. Now it is just five. I am amazed at how consistency pays off.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Thanks for the great post!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great post!!

That means I have lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks and I have 51 more to go.

Let me see if I can do the math, so in another 5 weeks I lose 10 pounds, and another 5 weeks, and another 5 weeks, and another 5 weeks, and in another 5 weeks. So maybe in 25 weeks I can do it!!

So, by February 12th I should be at my goal. That doesn't seem to far away.
  • BeeGee69
    Options
    Thank you for your positive twist on what seems like an endless battle some days. I started my journey late April and have had weight loss every week up until the last few weeks. I go up and down and sometimes get so frustrated that I wonder if I will ever break thru this plateau! Keep on keepin on....Thank you again