Banana Girl Diet?

Options

Replies

• hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's not a fad diet and it's not a low calorie diet but more a lifestyle diet like vegetarian/ vegan/ wheat free....

The website '30bananasaday' is for people following the 80/10/10 diet which is high carb raw vegan (80 is the %carbs). If you look on amazon there is a book on 801010 diet which is very good. It explans a lot of the myths like why we don't need as much protein as we think.

It's a lifestyle that I would love to beable to follow but like chocolate and a few other naughtiest too much but I do eat a high proportion raw and vegan.

The 30 bananas is what they think you should be eating if you just had bananas. Some people will start the lifestyle just on bananas I think to get into it and keep it simple. Despite what you might think that can give you pretty much everything you need. Get the book or have a look at the forums on the website.

It is not a diet for weight loss but people often do lose weight, some dont. Even if you don't want to follow it fully which is a big commitment have a bit if a read and try at least introducing more raw food and less processed food/ cooked food, you will definatly feel better for it.

Another good read is Scott jureks 'eat and run' he is a vegan ultra runner. He talks about his diet and his running, he went raw For a while but think he found it too much hassle but did say he felt better for it. He talks about his recovery being much better since being vegan
    801010 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hellen is right!
    Instead of guessing at things you clearly know nothing about (no offence by the way) why don't you check out the challenge and read the information and files tabs which explain everything... Or check out 30bananasaday.com which also explains it all.
    You can find lots of info on youtube too... Search for videos by freelee, durianriders, liferegenrator, rawfully organic, food and sport, steven crider (he lost 144lbs on a raw vegan lifestyle) there are so many of them out there trying to spread the message to HELP people become healthy, lose weight, get fit etc...
    I suffered bad with acne, migraines, continuously had colds all year round... I've not been on this long but already my skin has cleared, migraines have dramatically decreased, not had a cold since! I wasn't always a vegan! I was brought up to think we "need" animal protein and milk... Now I know better.
    You can eat raw fruits and veggies as they are or make delicious recipes, you'd be surprised at how much variety there actually is on this lifestyle, and how fun it is!
    If you get sick of the yoyo dieting and you want to look into a lifestyle change that is sustainable and will not only reduce the number on the scale but make you healthy on the inside to then check it out, you have nothing to lose but loads to gain.
    Oh and watch a film called forks over knives , 80/10/10 book is really interesting and helpful too...
    Freelee no longer has an eating disorder that was pre raw vegan... Like myself and many MANY others!

A new 30 day challenge starts on September 1st... If you're curious and want to try it then join the group on facebook, you can join ANY time (women only for the banana girl one) and look at the threads by challengers, We all keep a daily food diary on there make sure we are eating enough calories and share/swap recipes, mentors help everyone out f they're struggling or have any questions... Everyone is really supportive on there and you're never short of inspiration... Come try it, you can "back out" at any time (but I doubt you will want to once you try it) it doesn't cost anything... It's a free support group challenge... Just try to keep your calories up and you will be fine! (And yes you can lose weight even on over 2,500 calories!) I've lost 18inches off my body in almost 3 weeks... (weight is not the best measure of success!).

Just check it out. see for yourself. :) xx
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I googled it...looks like 30 bananas a day !!!! Not very balanced.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't have a clue, but as soon as someone mentions a banana, I giggle like a 12 year old school girl and then think of "Princess Conseula Banana Hammock".
    Maybe banana girl diet involves wearing a blue and yellow suit, and chasing after dodgy villains.

Haha, crapbag
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I just googled it and you don't need to eat 30 Banana's in a day....:laugh:

www.morningbanana.com (if this is the one that you mean??)

Why, then, do they talk of 30 a day?
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    The film is Forks Over Knives, not the other way around. :-\
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    If you were to go along with the thoughts that many people have then you would loss weight. That if very low calorie.
    Options
    I googled it...looks like 30 bananas a day !!!! Not very balanced.

It is not just 30 bananas a day at all... You CAN eat 30 a day if you want it's known as mono eating on "banana island" which can be good for a while for some people...
    We eat LOTS of different fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds... Like this morning I had raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and dates blended for my breakie... I'm going to go and make a banana and cinnamon smoothie in a minute for lunch... Or maybe banana and spinach smoothie.... I love them! You could eat salads... The other day I made raw hummus, from a butternut squash, cumin, lemon juice, ginger, raw tahini and a red pepper... It's not JUST bananas at all... You don't even need to 1 single banana if you do not wish... It's just a name...

:)

Becca well done for pointing the forks over knives thing out haha I was distracted by my kids whilst typing lolz corrected now :) xx
    Options
    If you were to go along with the thoughts that many people have then you would loss weight. That if very low calorie.

Hey hun I don't really understand what you were trying to say here...?

I have lost weight... I have done pretty much every diet and had eating disorders on and off (binge/purge mostly although have starved myself a lot in the past) I've done weight watcher, atkins, slimmingworld, the cabbage soup diet, the master cleanse detox, low calories restrictive diets such as diets they say high protein low carbs only.... And yes I have lost a lot of weight on them but as soon as you reach your goal weight and think right I can come off the diet now and eat healthily 2,000 calories a day you gain it all back... Well at least I did and thousands if not more like me!

Weight as in the number on the scale does not give an accurate account of how your body is slimming down... Water can easily shift weight up and down frequently and put many people off n whatever diet they're on because they see a number not change or it go up 2 pounds and they think their "diet" is not working when it could be 2pound of water or 2 pound of muscle...
    I measure my body each week, as well as weigh, you can also buy a body fat measure thing off amazon which apparently gives a better reading than those electrical one... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accu-Measure-Fitness-Personal-Tester/dp/B000G7YW74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345548838&sr=8-1
    I have lost 18inches in less than 3 weeks, and dropped over a stone but I don't really like to count the weight as already said... I go by my measurements and the clothes sizes going down, and how I feel/look :)

On 80/10/10 (bananas girl diet uses the 80/10/10 and so does 30bananas a day) you eat 2,500 calories a day! More if you want, there is no restriction! I think freelee eats about 3,000 or some days and she is very slim! She lost 40lbs on this lifestyle (I'm sure it was 40... Might have to double check that, she has vlogs on youtube about it, anyway) You're not calorie restricting on this diet EVER! If you try to you will fail! So because we're NEVER restricting calories any weight we lose stays off for good... Because this is not a diet... It's a lifestyle at the end of the day even though the word diet is used. many people have been on this way of life for over 10 years! Check out food and sport on you tube it has vids of Dr Doug Graham working out, he is no spring chicken he is getting on a bit but I don't know many people that could workout as much as he can... He is uber fit!

Check this guy out too... www.thefruitarian.com (didn't post links before as wasn't sure it would let me) This guys runs marathons (like many raw vegan/fruitarians).

Don't make judgments on something unless you have "actually" read up on what it is about, as you could put people off with your misinformed ideas, however if you do read about and decide it's not for you that is fair enough I'm not into trying to force anyone to do anything (freedom of choice and all that) but someone has asked so I'm trying to set the record straight if you get me?
    I'm not going to lie, it isn't "easy" like anything in life, you have to work for it, and if you consume caffeine, salt, and spices etc... you might find it hard weaning yourself off those addictions, in the group on facebook everyone is completely honest about their
    experience, the good, the bad and the ugly... It's not sugar coated to look a certain way.

I use cronometer to enter my foods in too, and it gives you a brake down of every single vitamin and mineral, proteins, diff types of fat etc... And my vitamins and things are usually reading several hundred percent more than minimum recommended daily targets, I'm happy with it. That's all that matters for me :)

:) xx
  • bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love 80/10/10 or Freelee's Banana Girl Diet. Eating 80/10/10 is the best I've ever felt! :D
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi body zen and 801010, good to see a couple of people on here who do 801010. I read about it over a year ago now and although don't follow it fully I do try to eat a lot of raw. I am a teacher on school holidays so at the mo am having 2 of my meals as fruit smoothies and am snacking on fruit most the time.

I do loads of running ( 70-90 miles a week) so would struggle to be fully raw plus I like chocolate too much. I know people who do more exercise than me are raw but I have problems with dates which is where they get a lot of calories from.

It's a shame so many people who have posted on here are so negative about the lifestyle.
  • ddrshine
    Options
    Its just and amazing and healthy RAW vegan lifestyle
  • veggiemodel
    veggiemodel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love how people like to criticize and talk bad things about what they don't even know. The "Banana girl diet" is a mono diet based on the 80/10/10 diet book, it's a period of time (7, 10, 20... days) you will only eat one type fruit, it can be mangoes, bananas... It's not low calorie at all, you eat the amount necessary to get your daily calories. I personally have never tried it, but I'm really into mono meals and it's been amazing, mainly for my digestion.
  • Rayca
    Rayca Posts: 1
    Options
    I know this thread is out-of-date but I'm sure Leann has a Google App that instantly alerts her to whenever her name pops up on the Internet, so she'll know. It amazes me how people fall into these cult-type marketing situations, i.e. diets, health products, etc. Freelee, aka, Banana Girl, Go Fuk (I mean) Fruit Yourself is a pretty simple, time-honored marketing scheme. Freelee uses her sexuality to entice both men/women to her "product," which is to sell herself. Women want to look like her and men want to be inside her. She is very attractive with an amazing body. Every photo, youtube video, interview shows her with barely any clothes on. An unpeeled banana in her g-string. Gee, that symbol isn't phallic. NOT. Licking an ebook. It's a typical ploy attractive women use (and God love them). I think it's fair game. Having said that, if she were to wear long pants with a high-buttoned blouse covered by a jacket, she would be forced to show you "the goods." ...meaning her credentials, her education and her intellectuality. Unfortunately, Freelee comes up short on all those points. She is unprofessional, uncredited and uneducated. Doesn't leave a whole lot for selling ebooks to folks. (Don't even get me started on the BF. He's a complete mess.) There is an entire website (and a blog or two) designed just to discredit her. I mean, that's pretty telling in and of itself. This is just a little taste (no pun intended) of what I found out about her "through my research" that took all of a couple of hours. Fruitarians are known for having dentin problems (one of many). Freelee's advise is to not go to the dentist too often. They will fill your mouth with silver. I don't know about Australia (where she's from) but in USA, we haven't used silver for many years. She refuses to get blood tests to verify numbers like glucose/blood sugar, lipids, etc. because "she feels fine." These are words right out of her guru's (Graham) mouth. They speak the exact same words on the internet. My guess is, she just underscores from his book and then calls them her own. My favorite "Faux Freelee" remark is one of her youtube videos where she takes you on a journey of her backyard to look at some tree she eats. On the way, we pass a BBQ. Ooops! She quickly pans the camera away and says to nevermind about that. Let's not look at that. What a blunder, darlin. She never edited that out. Yup, she's a smart one, alright. What is she puttin on that barbie? Could it be bananas? Nope, couldn't be that. Vegs.? Well, I spose but it's an awfully big BBQ. It's huge. Of course, I'm paraphrasing with what I've read but I suggest you look her up yourself and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. She and her BF are rude to their clients, they abandon them and terminate their forum rights, when they don't like the criticism, charge waaaaayy too much for an e-book. A pretty long list, I'm afraid. Finally, the only reason I bring light of this (scam in particular) is because she is giving vegetarian and vegans a bad name, not to mention Drs., Nutritionists, Dieticians, and learned pundits. Now I don't agree with the entire medical community but I need them and their data to compare. She just slams them with utter arrogance and doesn't deliver her message, which would be.....and we're back to that sexy little thang. Fruitarian is probably an OK thing to do when you're young, because you can destroy your body in many ways without consequence. You may/may not feel repurcussions when you get older but that's a toss of the dice everyone needs to do on their own. She and the BF AND Graham (the guru) dispel the myriad of data, both tested and written on nutrients, how to get them and the dangers associated with this type of mono eating, long-term. And by the way, 4 1/2 years (she claims to be doing this) is not long term. Just ask her guru friend, Graham. His health problems with this diet are common internet knowledge. Of course, you'll lose weight. ****, does it really take a brain surgeon to figure that out??!! But you're NOT going to look like her. She's hot and you're probably not. P.E.R.I.O.D. Just do your research and don't give people money until you do. Oh and BTW, I just found out about her yesterday so I am not a client, I have not followed an all fruit diet and I have no vested interest in dissing her. --Thanks and have a great day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Clearly something stupid.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    755748531_1374856182.jpg

My bad, this is the Bananas in Pajamas diet.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    What is Banana Girl Diet and why are so many people on FB talking about it?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

did you google?

nope. :drinker:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    What is Banana Girl Diet and why are so many people on FB talking about it?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

CaiObKz.gif