Newbie...week 2

Just entering week 2 and am struggling with juggling work, eating healthily (time to shop and prepare food), exercise etc. Any tips and advice would be much appreciated. Feel free to add me and to offer words of motivation and support :)

Replies

• LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    I try to get my groceries over the weekend and maybe prep some things for the week... like making a big batch of turkey chili or pre-washing and chopping veggies, or separating chicken breasts into serving sizes... then I just pick up a couple of items during the week for specific things that require fresh herbs or whatnot.

My schedule is typically
    5:45am - wake up
    6:45am - leave for work
    7:00am - get to work
    7:00pm - leave work
    7:30pm - go to the gym
    8:30pm - make dinner
    10:30pm - go to bed

If I'm able to leave work earlier I get a longer gym session in, or I do earlier dinner and go to the gym after.

Your schedule may be very different, but the point is that somehow, somewhere, you can usually fit in even 20-30 minutes of exercise. If not, just eating better should result in weight loss if you're consuming fewer calories than you're burning, so don't think that you have to change up your whole life all at once. Just make small changes to make your day a little healthier and over time you'll figure out how to fit in more change.

Good luck!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Semi-newbie here.
    Don't let it overwhelm you! What I like to do is try to make things easier for "future me".

So I find easy to make recipes that I can prepare ahead, that use simple ingredients. I eat salads for lunch, with cottage cheese mixed in for bulk and protein. I use websites like skinnytaste.com - check out this great post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/683419-websites-like-skinny-taste

Just make small changes, not all at once. As you gain more experience and feel less overwhelmed, change more things.

You can do it!
  • Hi! (thanks for adding me)! This is my first day on myfitnesspal. I have the same problem with eating healthy and trying my best to stay away from all the bad things which is hard because I have a desk job and people always bring in things to share. I find getting up early in the morning to work out is best for me because it gives me energy thru out the day which I need working in D.C.. I use the Firm Cardio Sculpt which is a mix of aerobics and weights three days a week and the other three days I jump on the elliptical machine at my gym. Three days out of the week I get off at 7pm and by the time I catch the train home from work, I'm coming in at 8:45 pm. It's been hard getting up at 4:30 the next morning to workout but with my husband up getting ready for his work kinda helps me especially since he's wanting his coffee. All I can say is stick with it because it's a good feeling when the workout is over and I feel like I have accomplished something big.