Please help:)

Options
So I have been trying to lose weight for such a long time now, and Im having problems staying on track. I am a really picky eater, I don't eat fish of any kind, I don't eat turkey, most veggies have a texture that induces my gag reflex, and most home cooked meals involve a box. I know that my diet is extremely unhealthy, but the only time it becomes an issue is when I try to work out. I don't have the energy, and I start to feel very fatigued. Are ther any suggestion s for foods that are healthy, support high activity level so that working out isn't a problem, and fall within my own tolerance? Any advice is appreciated:) thanks

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    first thing I would do is drink more water. That might help with fatigue.

Keep your urine almost clear all day.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Whey protein, greek yogurt, chicken, eggs, fruits, nuts.
  • v_wich86
    v_wich86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Those both sound like good, realistic tips. Thanks guys!
  • stephanieharmon
    stephanieharmon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try and focus on water and protein and see if that helps. I do a protien shake for breakfast and either dinner or lunch and then eat another meal. I have my ups and downs .. Ill send you a request and you can see my diary and see if that helps :) good luck !!!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    eat red meat
    and keep looking for a vegie that doesn't make you gag
    you MUST eat some vegies.

maybe they are overcooked?
    or
    you can make your vegies into dips, like baba ganoush http://www.food.com/recipe/baba-ganoush-the-best-in-the-world-67570
    I hate eggplant texture but love the dip.
    spinach, carrot, corn and chick peas all make great dips

vegies have different textures raw
    carrots, snow peas, celery all are good raw

or
    hide your vegies but cutting them incredibly small and hiding them in savoury mince, home made burgers, soup or stew.
    soup can be blended so the texture is dealt with that way

I can't say enough how much you need to eat vegetables to fight of colds and diseases. and for general well being.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Try to build healthy meals around what you do like to eat. Figure out what your protein will be in a given meal and build around that. Lean beef and pork are not "bad" and can be part of a healthy diet unless you are a vegetarian.

Do you eat salads? For example, lettuce and maybe at least four of the following: carrots, celery, red or green pepper, cucumber, blanched green beans, diced apple, mushrooms, chickpeas. The salad can be topped with sliced grilled chicken or pork. If you don't want the meat, add some hard boiled egg, cheese, or nuts for protein.

If the texture of most vegetables is intolerable to you, have you tried raw vegetables or very lightly stir-fried or steamed vegetables? They will have a crisper texture.

Lastly, if you diet is low on vegetables, add more fruit. Just count the calories in the fruit accurately as it tends to have more calories than most vegetables.
  • winterdowning
    winterdowning Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Move to San Diego! The weight is just falling off of me ;p But I've been drinking 90oz of water a day. You should aim for that. It's like three smart water sized bottles.

Don't eat red meat at all. Just try it. I know you don't like turkey... But try using ground turkey in place of ground beef in some of your recipes ie. hamburer helper! I guarantee you'll barely notice a difference except food will be less greasy.

I should have cooked more for you before I left.... Darn!
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    SEX?
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    def lots of water. i have the same problems, although i love turkey it's just too $$$! i have a protein shake now for breakfast instead of slimfast (way healthier when you read the ingredients and all!) and i just started by forcing myself to have a salad with supper, eat it first. i dont like salads normally so i make what i like, store bought coleslaw mix, add some shredded cheese and a little croutons, then three cheese dressing! i still get all the goodness of the salad but it tastes good enough that i'll eat it, and by eating it first i have less room for the 'sides' like lipton sidekicks noodles, french fries and all the other goodies that my family likes but my numbers don't! OH and my fav's when i can $$ them, sunrype, veggie plus juice, strawberry banana is good (and easy to just choke back when i don't really want it!) and the fruit bars that have like three servings of fruit, sugars are a little high but it's natural because there is NOTHING else in them but fruits!

it also helps to pre log your plans for the day, adjust as you go. once you get the numbers right the rest kinda falls in line (not as tired, little more energy every day!)