Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Regarding Calorie Intake

Hello everyone,

Would really appreciate some advice!

I'm on Day 4 of MFP. I've been reading lots of posts about not having enough calories. Once I entered all my data into the site it suggested over 2000 calories a day for me. This would give me a weight loss of 1lb a week. I set it lower (1550) to give me a 2lb lost a week.

Have I made a mistake? I think my diary is open (or at least I haven't ticked something to keep it private that I can remember?).

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    You have over 50 lbs to lose so setting your goal at a loss of 2lbs per week is fine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I generally suggest doing 1.5 unless you have over 100 calories. Plus people tend to under eat and your body can use the extra energy. Also, a smaller deficit generally allows you to push it harder during the workout.
  • Thanks - I'm coping ok on the 1550 in that I'm not feeling hungry or deprived. At the moment I'm enjoying being frugal with my calories!