Non-indigenous politcally correct humorous middle name?

Options
majikmiker
majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
I miss the old thread, but in an effort to be politically correct and not offend anyone, can we please keep the middle names away from anything Native American or without any reference to any other culture that may possibly be offended.....:grumble: :huh: :cry:

This is like those times where you are with your friends and you say things like "My middle name is danger...." or something like that.

18 months ago mine would have been Mike "eats alot". Now I'd say it would be Mike "eats under 1950 calories". :bigsmile:

Replies

• PattieCakes23
    Options
    The mention of middle name always makes me laugh....mainly because mine makes me laugh

My middle name is May. Coincidentally, I was born in May. It was supposed to be Mae after my grandmother, but my mom was wacko or something.

OH! And to make it even funnier.
    My initials are PMS.

yeahh!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Patti "loves her chardonnay" Last Name
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Lucky (is actually my dog's name) Leprechaun
  • majikmiker
    Options

My initials are PMS.

Too funny. Scary, but funny.....
  • PattieCakes23
    Options

My initials are PMS.

Scary..yes. BUT, I love telling people. And I have to initial things at work. So its either P.S. or PMS.
  • majikmiker
    Options
    HAHAHA. Never thought about the initials thing. That's hilarious. Especially the PS.....people would think you were going to add something like at the end of a note or letter......:bigsmile:
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    HAHAHA. Never thought about the initials thing. That's hilarious. Especially the PS.....people would think you were going to add something like at the end of a note or letter......:bigsmile:

Yeah, It's always a good conversation starter. If I sign PS, they giggle about it. Then I'm like "Oh, wait for this one!! PMS!"
    It actually usued to bother me because people laughed when I told them. But now it's just plain funny!
  • Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options

My initials are PMS.

• Themuseinme
    Options
    PMS- My moms intials were even worst- they were GAS
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

This is like those times where you are with your friends and you say things like "My middle name is danger...." or something like that.

My best friend's cousin gave their son the middle name "Danger" His name is legitimately Louie Danger. xD
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    My middle name is Michelle- but that is Hebrew and means "Who is like God".... so I guess I shouldn't say anything because I could offend Hebrews and religious people. :huh:

From now on just call me
    ///---..//
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

Yeah, It's always a good conversation starter. If I sign PS, they giggle about it. Then I'm like "Oh, wait for this one!! PMS!"
    It actually usued to bother me because people laughed when I told them. But now it's just plain funny!

hilarious, mines is ABC, they get a kick outta that. yours is better.haha
  • epixed
    epixed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a math teacher in high school who's initials were BAD.

Hmm. I think my middle name right now is Beth "Don't piss me off!" Last. Having temper issues atm.

Legally, my middle name is Kathleen. My parents were all for having long formal names which could be easily shortened into nicknames. I used to hate that when I was little, but now I like it. I'm going to do the same if/when I have children.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My middle name is now my Maiden Name. It also happens to be my husband's middle name. So now, only our first names are different.

Oh, and even though we're 7 years apart, our birthdays are only 1 day apart. :)
  • Themuseinme
    Options
    I miss the old thread too! Love your title of this one......

By the way, MFP said i could re-post the old post by phrasing it as "boyscouts/girlscout names like the movie with chevy chase" May do after I watch Man of the House tonight and calm down-
    as I am " still seeing "red"?
    oops can i say that??

By the way you are "the Man of MFP"
  • PattieCakes23
    Options

hilarious, mines is ABC, they get a kick outta that. yours is better.haha

Oh, I like ABC too!
  • Themuseinme
    Options
    Before I married my sweetie , my initials were ISH. Ilene Sue.
    Sue cause I was born in the 50's and my folks needed a name with an "S" since their jewish tradition uses the same first letter of a dead relative.

My monogram was IHS -......yes like Indian Health Service:laugh:
    IHS also cool cause in catholic churches and or greek or latin jesus or yeshuah, his jewish name was abbreviated to IHS. and therefore its inside alot of churches (FYI someone once told me it meant I Have Suffered pbut not true)

But a funny story about my initials I S H.

In 1979 my parents took our whole family to Israel to celebrate my brothers Bar Mitzvah. My mom had bought me a fairly tight tshirt with my initials I S H ironed on the front right across my chest. in pretty big letters.

Needless to say Ive always been a bit top heavy., and a few days into our trip we noticed a few people pointing at my tshirt and laughing. We eventually found out that I S H is the hebrew word or pronounciation of Man or mankind.
  • majikmiker
    Options
    I miss the old thread too! Love your title of this one......

By the way, MFP said i could re-post the old post by phrasing it as "boyscouts/girlscout names like the movie with chevy chase" May do after I watch Man of the House tonight and calm down-
    as I am " still seeing "red"?
    oops can i say that??

By the way you are "the Man of MFP"

I'm there if you do.....lmfao.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My middle name would definitely have to be "I regret nothing" - I always eat one or two things I know I shouldn't every day and, well, I regret nothing.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    PMS- My moms intials were even worst- they were GAS

My initials are JEW, and no not of that faith!:laugh: