Getting married... Got ALOT of weight to lose

Options
I'm getting married in a year and I need-want to lose 100 lbs by then..... Is it even possible

Replies

• Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Some people on here have done it. Check out the success stories threads and there's some people there that are very inspirational.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    sure can
  • cspinato
    cspinato Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Start with small changes, don't try to do it all at once and don't get discouraged.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    it is possible- lots of ppl here on MFP have done it and are doing it.
  • masarc
    masarc Posts: 12
    Options
    yes!
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yes you can!!
    Congrats on your engagement!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just remember to be healthy about it. Crash diets are bull. Hard work and determination and a bit of support are all you need. :)
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    yes but you will have to have the utmost commitment as far as food and exercise is concerned
  • paulrbrill
    Options
    Yep. Keto. Be strict, and it'll actually be pretty easy, believe it or not. http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/
  • angeldove85
    Options
    You definitely can- take it one day at a time. You need to lose around 10 lbs a month, then you'll have 2 months to continue to get towards your goal, lose more weight, and tone your body. If you take it seriously- portion control your food, eat healthy foods, and exercise- you will definitely meet your goal :)

CONGRATS!!
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sure : 52 x2 = 104. See it can be done and safely.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week and you'll lose 104 pounds. 1 pound a week would be 52 pounds. I think losing 52 pounds in a year is an easily achievable goal. 100 pounds is totally reachable if you're willing to work hard at it. Even if you don't quite make it you're still going to be in so much better shape than you are now. Let's say you fall short of your goal and only lose 52 pounds. How cool would it be to weigh 52 pounds less? It would be Awesome! Get on it.
  • Skysthelimit25
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    yess!! I lost 115 in 7 months a few years ago. It just takes a lot of dedication and comitment :-)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    It is possible! And you will be so darn happy.

Please, by all means, read the success stories on here and look at the pics, they are amazing.

Here is the deal, if you do not give up, you will not have to start all over again. If you stumble and fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going.

And please, by all means, try it with baby steps. Trying a crash diet all at once is going to for sure be a recipe for failure. Start by giving up something bad for good. Like soda for water or a burger for a chicken sandwich. Baby steps, you will get there.

Congrats, being married to my best friend is the best thing EVER!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Yes .... That is simply 2lbs a week with lots of hard work, determination, sticking to your diet, and working out regularly.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    YES! Make a plan but don't start all gung-ho or it will be too much for you. I lost 50 pounds in 5 months and didn't start exercising until the third month. Start with a food plan, but you have to enjoy eating or you will cheat. Monitor - calories, fat, carbs, sugar, protein and sodium. Stay strong! YOU CAN DO IT! Stick with it. You will love the end results!!!!
  • Skysthelimit25
    Options
    All of you guys are amazing and thanks for the encouragement.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    exactly one year? 8 pounds a month (basically) is REALLY tough because weight loss isn't linear but it can be done. Give it your best shot and never look back.