Finally doing something about my weight

Options
I started going for walk/going to the gym in mid May. I started out at 273 and now i'm at 250.. i got myfitnesspal in June so my first 8 or so pounds arent on here.. but i just would like to know what everyone else does to lose weight? Workout routine/food you eat. Could i eat whatever i want but not alot of it.. or cut certain things out completely? Im looking to lose weight fast.

Replies

• Cait2286
    Cait2286 Posts: 29
    Options
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want as long as it fits into your macros for the day. MFP gives you goals, meet them.

As for exercise, there are many things you could do. Just depends on your goals and what you enjoy doing.
    Ex: Heavy lifting, cardio, strength training, classes, yoga, zumba, workout DVDs, bicycling, etc.
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey! Congrat's on the journey you have begun! I've done a bunch of different "diet attempts" and gotten success from them. However the downside is that eventually you "quit" diets...which for me has resulted in repeated weight gain and each time it goes higher. So personally I"ve resolved to just watch what I eat and how much I eat, using fitnes pal to help me keep up with calories and try to just develop a healthier lifestyle. I figure if I can learn to just "live" different, then there is no "diet" to quit and return to - if that makes sense. Anyway, thats just my two cents.
  • BeccaB45
    BeccaB45 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm super new to this site - where does it give you goals??
  • Cait2286
    Options
    Im usually pretty good about staying where i need to be.. i just have a problem with sodium. Ive started buying foods with less sodium. Lets see how it works. And for all those fats.. i dont know where they are coming from.. sometimes i eat the samething for lunch for a while and sometimes it will have different #slengths for fats.
  • Cait2286
    Options
    Should be under food or exercise. I use the app on my phone and its totally different.
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My Home > Goals