Ideas

Hey all I will be going to have major stomach surgery done in a couple of weeks to repair a hiatal hernia and to help correct my gastroparysis. That being said the diet afterwards is mostly liquid/soft for about 4-5 weeks post op. Now I have worked my booty off to build muscle and lose weight. After surgery I know I will lose some weight, but what I don't want is to lose AND all the muscle I have built. So I was hoping to find some good HEALTHY food ideas for after surgery. I can have pretty much anything liquid/soft as long as it's not cold it needs to be room temp. Any suggestions on healthy foods with protein?

Replies

• imdaprincess
    imdaprincess Posts: 2 Member
    Homemade hummus is great and you can make a bunch of different varieties so you don't get bored with the same flavor all of the time. Good luck!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Plenty of Greek yoghurt or Quark with protein powder stirred in would be a start, and things like cottage cheese, scrambled/pureed eggs, stewed steak, protein shakes in general, watery/milky oatmeal with protein powder stirred in, minced fish...
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    greek yogurt, the plain kind so theres not a bunch of sugar added. i put like 3 drops of stevia to sweeten it.
  • mransom1970
    mransom1970 Posts: 26 Member
    Have you tried Shakeology? It tastes great is nutritious and very filling.