Pedometer steps

Options
I was just thinking... i started using a pedometer and i think that it would be very cool if there was something on this site that we could just enter in our steps for the day and it would calculate the distance and calories we have done with those steps.
How do we make these things happen? lol
Anyone know a good conversion website or tool so that i can figure this out for myself anyway?

Replies

• sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try going to the Help tab at the top of the page. I think there is a place where you can make suggestions for changes to the website. The guy who started this site is named Mike. Sometimes you will see posts from him on the message boards and blogs. See if you can find him and send him a message with your suggestion.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    You can create any measurement you want. Just go to "MyHome", then "check in" then "change measurements" (at the bottom)

Then fill in the name of the measurement you want in the "Add Measurement" Box e.g. "Pedometer Steps"

Then click on the "Add Measurement" box and your measurement for Pedometer Steps will be created and available on the list of measurements to fill in each time you check-in

It will also be available to select as a report under the reports tab so you will be able to produce bar charts of your steps for each day.

Have Fun!
  • HulaCoop
    HulaCoop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the help !! :)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that you can calculate the distance you walked just by the number of steps you take. Each person stride is different. It may take me 10 steps to cover the same distance it took you 12.

Were you walking outside? If so, you could try www.mapmywalk.com to figure out how far you walked.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure that you can calculate the distance you walked just by the number of steps you take. Each person stride is different. It may take me 10 steps to cover the same distance it took you 12.

Were you walking outside? If so, you could try www.mapmywalk.com to figure out how far you walked.

Each person's stride is different . that's why most pedometers have the capabilty to calculate the distance travel AFTER you have first calibrated it to your stride. Mine instructs me to take 10 normal paces, measure the total distance in inches, & divide by ten to determine my walking stride. Once I enter that into the pedometer, it will count bothsteps and distance. Suggest you get one that does that.. Mine also has a built-in FM radio and came with ear buds so I can take music along n my walks. It came with the Mio Beat HRM I got from Santa.