apple cider vinegar

Options
nikki_b335
nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
I was talking to one of my co-workers about my water retention. she suggested that I Drink a tablespoon of Apple cider Vinegar in a glass of water. well I never heard of it! so I looked it up on the web and it says its a very natural way to aid in weight loss as well as help with water retention and other stuff. Has any one tried this before?:huh:

Replies

• nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was talking to one of my co-workers about my water retention. she suggested that I Drink a tablespoon of Apple cider Vinegar in a glass of water. well I never heard of it! so I looked it up on the web and it says its a very natural way to aid in weight loss as well as help with water retention and other stuff. Has any one tried this before?:huh:
  • wannaloseit
    wannaloseit Posts: 31
    Options
    No, but I'm gonna try it!! Sounds gross but makes sense.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I take ACV everyday for a variety of reasons. it is an amazing, natural remedy for so many things!! I take it for a toenail issue (I hate the f word!) from years of locker room ickiness. the vinegar balances your ph balance in your body which can cause fungus (oops I said it!) to grow under your nails.

It is a little hard to swallow but you get used to it!! :drinker: I take one tablespoon in the morning.

I have actually been meaning to post about ACV for sometime now and just keep forgetting! So thank you!

www.applecidervinegar.net
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Here is another one! Drink up everyone!! :drinker:

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    gross!
    so gross!!!!
    i used to do it couple years back and i was alot thinner
    but i drank half a shot glass a day haha YUCK
    but now just the smell makes me naseous!!!
    i have acid reflux think it makes it worse for me?? idk but whenever i try to drink it i end up puking...ew its just too nasty!!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I take ACV everyday for a variety of reasons. it is an amazing, natural remedy for so many things!! I take it for a toenail issue (I hate the f word!) from years of locker room ickiness. the vinegar balances your ph balance in your body which can cause fungus (oops I said it!) to grow under your nails.

It is a little hard to swallow but you get used to it!! :drinker: I take one tablespoon in the morning.

I have actually been meaning to post about ACV for sometime now and just keep forgetting! So thank you!

Kelly,
    is it helping with the f-word?
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Kelly,
    is it helping with the f-word?

Absolutely! I saw results in less than a month. I am also applying tea tree oil to my toenails.

I read a great article that linked acne to the f problem as well and I have to say that since I started using ACV regularly I don't breakout like I used to either. I was like a 40 yo teenager with the zits!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Just a suggestion especially for anyone new to taking ACV - don't drink it straight. It will burn like crazy! Dilute it with water or even apple juice if you really want to mask the taste.
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Just a suggestion especially for anyone new to taking ACV - don't drink it straight. It will burn like crazy! Dilute it with water or even apple juice if you really want to mask the taste.

I second this!!

Absolutely true! It is very hard on the esophogus! Feels like heartburn type burn.
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    I totally agree with this post. I started taking AVC for weight loss reasons, but it actually got RID of my allergies. Now I take it all the time. It didn't make me loose weight by the way, just 2-3 water lbs. but, the other health benefits are way better. Drink up. But only 2-3 TEASPOONS (NOT TABLESPOONS) a day. any more, will put your ph ballance the other direction.
    remember: it's about ballance. You aren't trying to burn a hole in your stomach.
    :-)
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hmm I think I will try this. Thanks for posting.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Vinegar is like the best thing ever! It's pretty much a cure all :smile:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ok...so i am a little confused you guys say it is good to use, for various things but does it really help with weight loss?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Think I'll give it a shot and see--been retaining a little water over the last 3 days and can't seem to get rid of it. Maybe ACV will help.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    20 minutes later from last post

BLACHHHHH!! Oh my gosh--how can anyone drink that stuff? :sick: I diluted 3 teaspoons in water, and it was absolutely disgusting. There's no way I could drink that on a daily basis. I can't dilute it with juice to kill the taste either since juice is a no-no with my diabetes.

Guess I'll have to wait for the fluid to leave on its own because I ain't drink that stuff again! :sick: :noway:
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    Try the pills! Love ' em!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm retaining water or "over-indulged" on something I'll do a shot of ACV too. I think it does help with weight loss, but it is all different kinds of nasty getting it down. (bleeeech)

I down a large glass of water immediately following then pop a piece of gum in my mouth. :tongue:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options

BLACHHHHH!! Oh my gosh--how can anyone drink that stuff? :sick: I diluted 3 teaspoons in water, and it was absolutely disgusting. There's no way I could drink that on a daily basis. I can't dilute it with juice to kill the taste either since juice is a no-no with my diabetes.

Guess I'll have to wait for the fluid to leave on its own because I ain't drink that stuff again! :sick: :noway:
    My hubby's thoughts exactly. I told him he would get use to it and he said, "No, I won't because I'm not drinking that stuff again!" :smile:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

It is yucky, but you get used to it, try diluting some more. I use seltzer water instead of regular water, don't know why but it seems to psych me out more.

I actually don't mind the taste- call me crazy - it is not pleasant but the benefits outweigh the taste issue. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: <
    me drinking a big glass this am!