Getting your Polar battery changed

Options
Anyone ever just do it themselves even though it says to send it in? I don't want to be without it for 7 business days!

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    NOt sure but I think it depends on the model. I have an FT7 and changed it myself.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice it said to send it in. Really? I just took mine to the local Batteries Plus & they plopped a new one in for me. It's been working fine. I haven't tried swimming in it since the switch. But I have hiked & sweated a bunch.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I went to my local watch repair shop and she changed the battery in under 5 minutes! And it only cost $13.00!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I took mine to a local watch shop to have mine done. I have the FT4
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I took mine into a jeweler and it was $35!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    What about when the strap doesnt appear to read the heartrate?
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What about when the strap doesnt appear to read the heartrate?

I replaced the battery in the strap unit as well. Perhaps your contacts aren't clean... try rinsing it well. Or possibly the contacts aren't making good enough contact. Tighten the strap maybe or make sure it's wet enough?

By the way, I ordered a battery kit for my FT7 which included a new o-ring to seal out moisture.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I've changed both the watch and the strap batteries in my FT4. A coin works well for opening the case.

If you use it in situations where it gets really wet you may want to take it to a pro. They can check it for water resistance.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Some are self change (FT4, FT7, etc). Some like the 725 need to be sent in to re-do the waterproof joint. I need to send mine in for service.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've swapped the strap battery and watch battery (FT-4) in mine. Definitely do not pay for it, it's incredibly simple.
  • tlbarg01
    Options
    I took mine to a local watch shop. They did good work, and my watch works fine. It was a "while you wait" deal.
  • nakcuh
    nakcuh Posts: 3
    Options
    I got 20 batteries for a few quid ($5 or so)...... 2032 batteries if I remember right.
  • tlbarg01
    Options
    Usually both the batteries in the watch and the strap go out about the same time. They have separate batteries and both need to be changed.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I took mine to a local jewelers with a battery and they did it for free.