Tough Mudder Training

Options
Has anyone done Tough Mudder? If so, how did you train?

I've got the cardio training part down from doing some half marathons. I just need to add some different terrains and elevations. But, what did you do with strength to prepare?

And any other words of wisdom would be great. I have about 10 months to train so I hope this is enough time!

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Tough Mudder in October. My biggest weakness is my upper body strength, so I'm upping my strength training on weights from once to twice a week. I'm jogging a few times a week to work on my endurance/stamina. I received a tip from people who did a Tough Mudder in March to train myself for the difficulty of obstacles in the middle of jogging by stopping every 5 minutes or so and do burpees, push ups, jump up and down off of furniture...something off beat to challenge myself. Also, practice jumping about 5 feet out. I know it sounds odd, but apparently there can be ravines to jump while you're on the jogging 'trail'. Also, the paths that you jog on can be like motocross trails with lots of hills.

That's all I can think of for now.

Fogot to add, I only have 6.5 weeks left!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! I am doing TM in Arizona Februarty 23, 2013. Best of luck in October!
  • madsmic
    madsmic Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree thanks for the tips doing Tough Mudder in Dec in Tampa. I am SCARED! I just started working out, but my husband who is currently deployed REALLY wants to do this with him. He did it last year I am just hoping I don't DIE! LOL
  • Tipheny1784
    Options
    On the tough mudder website, they have a tough mudder boot camp. I am running in Jacksonville next summer, and thats where I am starting with my training.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I reckon some indoor rock climbing certainly wouldn't go amiss for a lot of the stuff they are likely to through at you.