Does what time of day affect your weight?

Options
I normally weigh in first thing on Friday mornings.
Im going to be going to an "official weigh in" now on Wed afternoons.
Normally by mid afternoon I weigh more ... is this true for everyone?

Replies

• literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find this is true, but over a period of time it won't matter because your trend will stay the same.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    If I weigh myself in the evening with clothes I'm a good 5 pounds above morning in the buff. I started using a home scale instead of the one at the gym and had to adjust all my weights recorded so it wouldn't look like I lost 5 pounds over night! Just pick a time and outfit and stick with it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    By afternoon, you're also weighing the food and beverages you've had up until that point that your body hasn't yet eliminated. So, yes, you will weight more.
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    yes - normally a couple of pounds more in the evening than in the morning. As someone else said though weighing at the same time will show a trend so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    By afternoon, you're also weighing the food and beverages you've had up until that point that your body hasn't yet eliminated. So, yes, you will weight more.

Yeah, this. Each day will vary depending on how much said food and drinks have been consumed. Try to stick to once a week, first thing in the morning, in the nudy and before eating/drinking but after toilet duties :smile:
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If I weigh myself in the evening with clothes I'm a good 5 pounds above morning in the buff. I started using a home scale instead of the one at the gym and had to adjust all my weights recorded so it wouldn't look like I lost 5 pounds over night! Just pick a time and outfit and stick with it!
    Same here. This site suggests to weigh in the morning but I prefer to track my night weight, when I weigh the most. It just seems to make more sense to me to go by my max weight. Sure I may weigh 126 after sleeping and not eating or drinking anything for 8 hours but why would I go by that weight? It's not realistic to me.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    yes, my weight can fluctuate 5# or more a day. just use the same time for your official weigh-ins and don't get discouraged when you see it go up some during the day. :smile:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Yep u always weigh more in the afternoon because you have eaten! When u get up in the morning, it's been quite a while since you've eaten so u weigh less. I would weigh in the morning if I were u
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Definitely true for me. I'm usually 2% heavier in the afteroon: 4 lbs. or so. I eat about 1,400 calories by 2:00 PM.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My weight is usually higher by 1-7 pounds at night. Lately it's been about 1-2 pounds higher, but I have seen fluctuations of up to 7 pounds later in the day.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    one of the few that is lighter in afternoon, weight for me varies by 2-3 lbs.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I would weigh in in the mornings but the appt is in the afternoons.
    Maybe I will try to switch it to first thing in the am ....