18,000 calorie burn challenge in a week Day 2

Options
Day 2

Last night after i came back from a successful night at the gym i came up with an bizarre and stupid idea of trying to burn 18,000 calories in just 7 days. I know its unhealthy and probably dangerous but I'm stubborn :). After posting a topic on this idea i was flushed with alot of negative responses posted on here, mostly claiming that i was just a "TROLL" and therefore my topic was deleted.

However all them people are wrong and i have been here for around 2 years and i have no desire to be a troll as i hate them with passion. So i can safely say I'm no troll and i am determined to do this challenge just to prove to them certain idiots that I'm real.

Many people told me i was stupid, irresponsible and that i would die. Sadly for them I'm feeling completely healthy and fighting fit ready for the next day.

With this in mind i got many people wanting to see how my progress is going, so I've decided to tell people.

Today i have burnt in total of 2597 for 2 hours of exercise spread out 60 mins in the morning and 60 mins at night. The target was to burn 1500 each morning and night. I exercised in the morning on a empty stomach as i feel lighter and i don't feel sick when pushing myself hard.

However sadly i haven't reached the target i set and after looking how hard it gets, I'm going to say i probably wont complete the 18,000 calories BUT that doesn't mean i wont be carrying on. I am determined to complete this challenge whether i reach 18,000 or not.

In total i have burnt 4042 in just 2 days. Even though I'm extremely happy with that, I'm starting to feel it in my legs and arms.

To prove that 1. I'm not a troll and 2. I'm actually doing the exercise i have attached a photo of the night exercise of the machine with the time, calories burnt and distance.

IMG_0584.jpg

I will have to say that i wouldn't recommend this if you struggle with exercise as it really does use ALL your energy. I know this isn't a good idea but as a challenge to myself i wanted to see how far i could go before quitting.

Luckily for me i am now going to chill and rest and watch a good DVD whilst munching on a treat of Jaffa cakes.

If anyone wants to add me to see how I'm progressing then just hit add friend and will accept anyone.

Replies

• Twizelgirl
    Twizelgirl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I say good on you! It is a great thing to set challenging goals and fight towards them, - regardless of what anyone else thinks...
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Are you only using the calories burned on a machine or using a HRM. I find that the machines, ie... treadmill, elliptical, or bike, vary incredibly from my HRM for calories burned or HR. Some are extremely high readings, some are extremely low readings. If you are doing this, you may want to be concerned of the accuracy.

Curiosity is killing me - what is a Jaffa cake?
  • freestone1
    Options
    Day 2

Last night after i came back from a successful night at the gym i came up with an bizarre and stupid idea of trying to burn 18,000 calories in just 7 days. I know its unhealthy and probably dangerous but I'm stubborn :). After posting a topic on this idea i was flushed with alot of negative responses posted on here, mostly claiming that i was just a "TROLL" and therefore my topic was deleted.

However all them people are wrong and i have been here for around 2 years and i have no desire to be a troll as i hate them with passion. So i can safely say I'm no troll and i am determined to do this challenge just to prove to them certain idiots that I'm real.

Many people told me i was stupid, irresponsible and that i would die. Sadly for them I'm feeling completely healthy and fighting fit ready for the next day.

With this in mind i got many people wanting to see how my progress is going, so I've decided to tell people.

Today i have burnt in total of 2597 for 2 hours of exercise spread out 60 mins in the morning and 60 mins at night. The target was to burn 1500 each morning and night. I exercised in the morning on a empty stomach as i feel lighter and i don't feel sick when pushing myself hard.

However sadly i haven't reached the target i set and after looking how hard it gets, I'm going to say i probably wont complete the 18,000 calories BUT that doesn't mean i wont be carrying on. I am determined to complete this challenge whether i reach 18,000 or not.

In total i have burnt 4042 in just 2 days. Even though I'm extremely happy with that, I'm starting to feel it in my legs and arms.

To prove that 1. I'm not a troll and 2. I'm actually doing the exercise i have attached a photo of the night exercise of the machine with the time, calories burnt and distance.

IMG_0584.jpg

I will have to say that i wouldn't recommend this if you struggle with exercise as it really does use ALL your energy. I know this isn't a good idea but as a challenge to myself i wanted to see how far i could go before quitting.

Luckily for me i am now going to chill and rest and watch a good DVD whilst munching on a treat of Jaffa cakes.

If anyone wants to add me to see how I'm progressing then just hit add friend and will accept anyone.
  • freestone1
    Options
    your doin good wf your working out but you dont eat many cals do u find your hungry?
  • cochilles
    Options
    Are you only using the calories burned on a machine or using a HRM. I find that the machines, ie... treadmill, elliptical, or bike, vary incredibly from my HRM for calories burned or HR. Some are extremely high readings, some are extremely low readings. If you are doing this, you may want to be concerned of the accuracy.

Yea at the moment just using what the machine says, I know it might not be accurate and a Jaffa cake is a chocolate biscuit by mcvities... If you've never had them you should have one there delish
  • cochilles
    Options
    your doin good wf your working out but you dont eat many cals do u find your hungry?

I've actually found that since I've been doing more exercise I haven't been as hungry as that's why I'm not eating many calories as I just don't want food.
  • freestone1
    Options
    yea i tend to agree wf you but were curious lol cz when i wrkout idnt wana eat as much either keep up the gd wrk :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just here to watch. Don't mind me.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    The burn you see on those machines is highly overestimated.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Days like that will kill the appetite but you need to eat more or come day 3 or 4 you're going to start feeling it bad. Keep up the work though. The worst that will happen is that you'll get real tired and learn something about how far you can push yourself.
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    lol, i read this yesterday and it reminded me of myself. one time i planned on burnning 7000 in one week, that was only 2 lbs worth of working out. i quickly gave up wen i reaized how OBESSED i became about it. i wud get PISSED OFF if someone interrupted me in the middle of my workout! lol but hye, do wht u wanna, keep me posted! lol
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Which machine is that? Not trying to put you down but, it might be an overestimation.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to how you burn 1275 cals in 60 mins. I walked fairly briskly for 60 mins yesterday and clocked up about 500, so to double that PLUS almost 300 extra (almost triple!!) I'm wondering what you did...

ETA: not knocking you in any way. Just curious!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourself young man. I admire your willingness to do what you want to do even if I am scared for you. Please know how to fold'em if it gets too rough ok? One thing is, I would never call someone stupid for making an attempt at a personal best or goal.
  • Reneece_pr
    Reneece_pr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I say good on you. I mean, admittedly what you're attempting sounds like an absolutely mad idea and I think there's a lot of good to come from it whether you reach your target or not and it shows a lot about your determination. I can't even stick to running three times a week so I say good on you. Though your target is collosal I think its very ambitious of you so good luck with it all!
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options

Yea at the moment just using what the machine says, I know it might not be accurate and a Jaffa cake is a chocolate biscuit by mcvities... If you've never had them you should have one there delish

first of all- keep up the good work! You show them that youre right!
    secondly- the lovely jaffa cake = cake or biscuit? discuss.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about what exercise you're doing. We're about the same size and I've looked through the MFP database to see how I can burn the most calories in the smallest amount of time and I haven't been able to find anything quite that high. The only one higher was running 11 miles in an hour, and I can't do that.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    When I was regularly going to the gym, I'd often do two lots of 45 minute exercise classes - sometimes one or both an hour, along with a load of weights.
    Reckon adding in a bit more, I could get to that sort of goal ok. Of course I never did that sort of thing every single day.

kr3851; try looking at some more vigorous exercises, ie running, fast cycling etc.
  • cochilles
    Options
    Which machine is that? Not trying to put you down but, it might be an overestimation.

I've had alot of people asking and i'm not quite sure, i'll try explain it, i believe it targets the burn, hips and thighs and you have to float by moving your legs kinda towards the side so e.g. left leg down, right one up, right leg down, left leg up, and so on. When i go to gym i will ask what the machine is called as it doesn't have anything on it to say what its called.

And yes, i was surprised of how many calories it burns and yes it probably is way too much of an estimation, however im not really bothered about the precise amount as long as i know that i have to keep getting up everyday and doing some sort of exercise to keep fit, even though 18,000 is beyond i would say pretty much everyone in fact 18,000 on the machines is probably going to be under 10,000 if it would be exact but as long as i know im doing something about my weight im extremely happy.

One last thing i would like to say is a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted support and motivation, it really does help you push harder when people give you that little bit of encouragement.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Can't believe you were chased by pitchforks to start with haha...

I'd just be careful that you don't do your muscles damage, they need time to repair after what is obviously an intense workout. The 'feeling it' is obviously a good sign that muscle is tearing and building, you just don't want to tear it *too* badly that you're rendered crippled and in agony for a good few days!

And when all is said and done.. you'll probably put *ON* weight as your muscle mass will be higher :) oh well, at least it'll look better