when do you weigh yourself?

Options
In the morning when you wake up? during the day? what is your "true" weight as it varies throughout the day....on some days I weigh like 2 pounds less in the morning! So whats the deal?

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the morning, after I pee. That's my consistent low time of day.
  • phdcharlie
    Options
    In the morning after going to the bathroom and before eating or drinking. I also gain weight during the day after eating and drinking. Water weight can fluctuate especially from day to day. I have a Withings wifi scale that logs every measurement and from analyzing long-term trends, I would say any given weight reading can be up or down about 3 pounds due to daily differences in water weight, bowel contents, etc. (I hope that wasn't TMI).
  • jereibold
    jereibold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup First thing in the AM!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Only in the morning...............but I do it everyday! I cant help it. Techincally your suppose to do it once a week, but... I cant resist. Throughout the day is not a good idea, that would totally stress me out ;+)
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Every monday morning after I get up and do my daily morning routine.
  • brideson85
    Options
    nope never TMI. I work in health care lol. I have heard and seen it ALL!!!! LOL. Thanks so much for the input b/c I was wondering if my new am low should be counted!!! :)
  • larrys2112
    larrys2112 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing in the morning.
  • sarahwilloughby07
    Options
    In the morning, after I use the bathroom, usually only once a month or before I start a workout program (ex. 30 day shred) or what have you.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am a scale addict so every morning and night before bed, I only record mondays though and yes I weigh more at night.

Oh and I record my morning low of course lol
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, after you go to the bathroom, butt naked!
  • SMP151
    SMP151 Posts: 32
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning right after peeing and right before jumping in the shower. Then right before i go to bed. Every day...
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    As long as the same time every day then I consider that my true weight. I don't usually do one weigh in afternoon and the next in morning as that first one would suck then they next one would have the 2 or so lbs more loss on it and would be awesome.
  • MegsAud
    MegsAud Posts: 8
    Options
    In the morning, as soon as I wake up. I only do this once a week though.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I weigh every morning right after I go to the bathroom and before my shower.I also weigh myself before I go to bed. Not sure why I do that it doesn't mean anything I guess it's just like a good night kiss to the scale so she's good to me in the morning. I only record my weight on Fridays though and i usually don't freak if I'm up from one day to the next as long as on Friday I'm down from last Friday.
  • ACleverName
    ACleverName Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings right before jumping in the shower Keeps me on track over the weekend knowing weigh-in day is coming and helps to motivate me for the week ahead.