Anyone who has a problem sticking to low cal diet?

Options
I have used this app on my phone on and off for about 6 months. I really need some help because I let myself go back to my bad eating habits after about 2 weeks, I also stopped my slim fast diet! I need some motivation!

Replies

• gerwienb
    Options
    Hi Kagaah, I know it's hard to stick to a low cal diet, but depends on what you are eating. I haven't been hungry all the time, and sticking to about 1200 to 1300 calories, but today is only my second day. That said I have been dieting long enough to know that lean proteins and good fats will keep you full longer than other foods. Think about what you are eating and try to modify. I lost 36 lbs when I did the Dukan Diet, but it was hard to maintain and I didn't really have a good support system in place. Good luck!
  • Kagaah
    Kagaah Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a problem with savory and dairy foods. I have absolutely no problem cutting out chocolate because I don't really like sweet foods. But I am addicted to dairy foods, especially cheese and mayonnaise, and also foods like crisps and pasties. I have no idea what I can replace these foods with!
  • v_mdravensfan
    v_mdravensfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very low cal shuts down your metabolism. Even 1200-1300 calories for more than 5-6 days will have an impact.

Best method is cycle - 1400-1600 every other day with the 1200 on the opposite days. You can have "extra" on the high calorie days and your body won't get used to a low calorie input and shut down.
  • Kagaah
    Kagaah Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks! I'm very confused as to how many calories I should be eating, the slimfast diet i was on allowed me to have 1100 calories and MFP allows me to have 1200, however I'm 5f10 and the calorie calculator told me to eat 1400 calories!
  • modernartemis
    modernartemis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was on a 1200 calorie diet for about two weeks, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Somehow I fell off the band wagon and stopped counting calories, but I have still been attempting not to eat too much. I am still considering staying in the 1200-1400 calorie range. Let me know if you want a partner! I have about 60 pounds I would like to lose!