Brooks PureConnect/Inov-8 F-lite 195 for HIIT/crossfit?

Options
Hi everyone - just joined and am looking forward to hanging out with you all here :)

I'm training for a road race and was looking at the Brooks PureConnect as a possibility for training/racing. In addition to running, I also do a lot of crossfit-like cardio/HIIT/plyo, especially with the jump rope and on the BOSU. From what I've read, the PureConnect has some nice cushion in the forefoot and is very responsive, so I thought maybe in addition to being a good running trainer, it would also be good for plyo and jump rope, but I'm concerned it may be TOO cushiony/bouncy for BOSU cardio HIIT. Has anyone ever tried using this shoe for crossfit/cross-training activities?

The other shoe I was looking at for my HIIT workouts was the inov-8 f-lite 195. Seems perfect for BOSU & plyo, but doesn't seem to have as much cushion in the forefoot, so I'm concerned it may be too minimal for jumping rope and running on pavement for more than a few miles. As you can tell, I'm looking for a minimalist shoe. I can go barefoot on the BOSU for certain exercises, but anything on the floor I do need some cushion in the forefoot as I tend to get bruises on the balls of my feet easily if I'm jumping around too much without some decent cushion.

If anyone has any thoughts/recommendations, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies

• RevolutionMKE
    Options
    Hey take36! I definitely recommend Inov8 195. It is one of the more popular brands in CrossFit, and it also is used as a roadrunner. They have enough cushion where your foot endurance will last, but they are still thin enough where your foot responds naturally to the environment that you are running or jumping on. I also recommend the Inov8 230. That has a 6mm heel and tiny bit wider toebox.

Our store, Revolution has a great selection of Inov8s. We only sell minimalist and barefoot style footwear. Check us out or give us a call. Let us help you out in any way possible. Thanks!
    http://www.revolutionnaturalrunning.com/
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am currently using the brooks PureConnect and so far so good! Its only been 3 days, but at cf we ran and did some jump rope stuff and they were very comfy in my opinion. I run a lot and usually do the heavy shoes, but these are so awesome o light!! Hopefully you find something that works for ya!