Middle aged, out of work, emotional eater...but happy momma!

Options
Life is good!...just my weight is bad :(.
Hello friends. I'm the Blessed Momma, I call myself that because last spring my 12 yr. old daughter got hit by a car, flipped up on the hood, smashed in the windshield, the whole nine yards. After a trip in an ambulance to the ER, they determined she just had bruised shins and elbows. Praise God! So, life is good!!!!
I work as a substitue teacher while I'm looking for a full time teaching job, it's not easy and bills are tight, as in some days we can't breathe tight. I lost 11 pounds over last school year. But this summer, not finding a permanent job and being and emotional eater, I gained back 10. So I'm starting again. I have 40 pounds to loose, and I'm almost 50 yrs old, so it's getting tougher. I'm memorizing this affirmation, "I don't overeat because I know food can never satisfy me. My soul is satisfied with the things of God."
My worst time for overeating is after 9pm. Golly, I'm such a nightime grazer - and I'm NOT EVEN HUNGRY. Gggrrrr.
I also have a 9 yr old daughter who is a joy! And a husband of 20+ years who works hard. And a dog that I walk every day. So all in all, I'm one blessed momma. I just need to get healthy. I know nothing is impossible with God. He is able to transfrom my life from the inside out!!!! I just have to get out of the way and let him :).
Peace & Strength.

Replies

• mom22yorkies
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. So glad that your daughter was ok through such a tragic event, it does make one count their blessings. If you are seaching for support and friends, feel free to send me friend request. I turned 50 this year and am a slow loser, but I MFP friends keep me inspired and moving forward. : ) Have a great day!!
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow,, your daughter is a walking miracle!!! Enjoy your journey!

Edited for autocorrect.
  • lisahiner
    lisahiner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there girl. I've been gone a while but here I am, trying again. I'll try not to go off the wagon again. :-( Hope you find work soon. I'm teaching at the community college, but only one class. My other one got cancelled - I was hoping for that extra money, but oh well.

I'm with you - I like to munch after 9:00 too. Hang in there. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... :-) Goes for both of us!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I keep Arctic Zero ice cream in the freezer. 1 pint=150 calories.

Good luck, safe journey! You can do this!!! :)
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with the nighttime eating. Once the kids get in bed, I'm suddenly searching for my evening snack. I'm trying to compromise on my snack. I may try dark chocolate chips or a couple of mints to see if that helps. I've heard mint gum helps too.