Logging Gum?

Options

Replies

• sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    if its lower than 15 calories, i don't log it, that is like logging water. they say that water has like 5 calories per glass or something like that. i think its just silly to over analize it, if your chewing 293838 pieces of gum a day, yes log it, if its under10 pieces, i wouldn't bother, for the same reason i dont log normal activities as exercise:: washes dishes: 20 calories takes bath: 23 calories. lol
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    nooooooo.... please, no. :)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    nooooooo.... please, no. :)

srsly
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't chew gum, so it's not an issue to me, but if it's only occasional I wouldn't bother. If you are chewing it all day and clocking up 100 cals a day, then it should probably be included, but otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
    I don't log my 2 or 3 black coffees every day, or a sprinkle of fresh parsley on my dinner or those other very small items. I know they all add up, but I'm not convinced that I need to be quite that accurate.
  • w0uldyouseeme
    Options
    I used to, but I read in several different places that you burn about 10 calories per hour chewing gum, and I always chew a single stick for WAY longer than that LOL! Also I chew sugar free so the sugar isn't an issue (:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I even want to find out if they have an exercise titled "Chewing Gum". LOL. I bet if you chew long enough, you'll probably burn off the calories. The question is "How long to burn off the calories in the gum?"

Oops. I posted after the person above me. I'm not sure I could chew gum for that long. Ouch.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not unless you start chewing between 50 and 100 pieces a day.....
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say that the day I started logging gum would be the day I logged walking from my bedroom to my bathroom as exercise. Of course, I don't chew gum, so what do I know?! :)
  • perfectlioness
    Options
    I don't log gum or my chewable vitamins (~15 calories). I do honestly log everything else.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    lol I thought about it but no. It's just a waste of time
  • gelega
    gelega Posts: 3
    Options
    you burn calories by chewing gum

Hahaha!! You're right!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I log it. When I buy gum I usually chew a pack (or even two!) in one day, so it's enough calories to make a difference. A piece or two, here or there shouldn't matter.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I chew gum, but I don't log it, unless if I have more than three sticks a day.. which I have maybe two at most. It's not really a big deal!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A study published in The New England Journal of Medicine (1999) said that study participants burned 36 calories chewing gum for 11 minutes. Livestrong.com. I think we're good not logging sugar free gum.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i chew sugar free gum which is like 2 cals a peice.... i dont have the time or feel the need to log gum, seasonings(i use salt free) splenda, things like that. it just seems a little to much imo.
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    if you log your gum then you have to log you chewing it as exercise..
    welll said lol
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't chew it frequently enough to really matter. Like someone else said, 5 cals is pretty irrelevant. Though, if you're down with that thought process, an extra bite of this or a lick of that doesn't count either. Unfortunately it ALL adds up eventually. If it is a regular thing for you, might want to list it.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to, but I read in several different places that you burn about 10 calories per hour chewing gum, and I always chew a single stick for WAY longer than that LOL! Also I chew sugar free so the sugar isn't an issue (:

every time i get sugar free is logs on here with sugar >:| i dont chew gum no more haha
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    they say that water has like 5 calories per glass or something like that.

I'm pretty sure water has 0 calories.