morning vs afternoon weigh in

Options
Anyone have an explanation as to why I consistently weigh more in the morning than I do in the afternoon? Does anyone else run into the same issue?

Note that I am wearing the same thing when I weigh in the morning and afternoon (i.e. when i get home from work at 5 pm). I weigh myself after I go to the bathroom in the morning, and I do not eat anything after dinner the night before.

Replies

• dzvinka82
    Options
    ?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    your body is mostly composed of water and as such, your weight will fluctuate throughout the day.

Weigh yourself once per day (or every other day or once a week, whatever), same time of day, similar clothes and forget about the scale the rest of the time.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For me that would be totally backwards....do you have a physically taxing job? I weigh less after a good sweat.

Either way don't let it get to you...if it stresses you out stick with once a day or less.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Your body will fluctuate about 5lbs in a 24 hour period based on water intake. Remember: water is heavy and your 70% H2O by composition. Also, waste product has density too.

There's a lot of factors here but I wouldn't stress it too much. Pick a time of day to weigh yourself and keep consistent. And don't jump on it everyday... it'll mess with your head. Once a week is plenty. The water flux is gonna drive you nuts otherwise.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell why, but the important thing is that you weigh at a consistent time in consistent state of dress (or undress).
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For me that would be totally backwards....do you have a physically taxing job? I weigh less after a good sweat.

Either way don't let it get to you...if it stresses you out stick with once a day or less.

Same here I weigh less in the morning, more in the afternoon! I figured that was because of all the food / drink I had during the day that hadnt had time to work its way through the system? Thats why I love weighing in in the mornings only lol
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I thought we were meant to weigh less first thing in morning?

I haven't always been to the bathroom though other than wee, but even if I don't eat until after I have been and weigh again there's no difference?