Help?!

Options
So I've been on here for 65 days now, I started at 207 and am now at about 189 according to my scale. This whole time I've been fairly on track only having 3-5 days where I went over by like 300 calories. My Net cal right now is 1310, and the scale just won't budge and hasn't for about two weeks. I go to the gym and do 45 mins of cardio, 3-4 times a week and I know for a fact that I DON'T underestimate my calories, if anything I probably over estimate how much I consume and under estimate how much I burn exercising.

So what am I doing wrong?!

Replies

• Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    try changing up your exercise or taking a break from it.

I took a forced break due to a hip issue and when I started back dropped 4 lbs and a couple inches. Switch things up a bit. Try eating a little more. Experiment a little.
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of raising my calories, but in the back of my head I'm worried about my weight staying stagnant. I suppose I'll try it for a few weeks.
  • paperducks
    Options
    Try to change your exercise routine. Your body gets used to routines so you just need to change things up a bit to shock it a bit. Try to fit in some strength training and you should see a difference. Also, maybe you should try zig zagging your calories.
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I definitely haven't been doing enough strength, I'll do a combo of all three. Increase calories, strength training and cardio.
  • emily2975
    emily2975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Deep breath, you're doing great! Loads of people hit plateaus at different stages. Most people I've spoken to confirm that increasing the intensity of their workout (e.g. if running on a treadmill, doing part of it on an incline) and adding in some strength training. The strength training doesn't have to involve scary machines, you can start with some free weights :). Good luck, you're committed so will find a way through this!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As already said change things up, routine in the gym needs a complete make over - If you can afford it hire a PT even if its just for one session so they can teach you a new routine that you wouldnt normally think of doing yourself. My first week after a PT session I dropped 11lbs - I cried instantly because I had a bad plateau for a month before that! Also change up your diet, you find you probably eat the same sort of 10 meals, look online for new recipes and try out new things, you need to shock your body into a new change because at this stage its just got used to what your doing at the minute - good luck :) It does work - I changed my routine two weeks ago and have lost 9lb in the fortnight!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    Options
    Without being able to see because you don't have it listed. I'd say your sodium count is over. Try get that lower.

You're being conscious of your calories but what you're eating isn't exactly healthy. You don't seem like you prepare your own food very much and are mostly eating fast/processed food and sweets.

You need to try and change that. Eating takeout once in a blue moon is fine but not all the time.

Some of that stuff like "Outback Steak House - Chocolate Thunder From Down Under (Web Site), 0.25 brownie " I dunno, I don't want to offend you but it literally sounds like you're eating crap.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of subway, mcdonalds, snicker, starbucks etc logged in your diary. I would focus on trying to eat as cleanly as possible as that stuff isn't doing you any favours.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What nutrients are you taking in (e.g. Total carbs, fat, protien)?

I would argue that for most people total calorie intake has little influence on weight-loss. If your eating nothing but carbohydrates (yes, even the healthy ones) you will NOT lose weight, even when restricting total calories.