Ellipitical Vs. Treadmill?? --Ab lounge?

Hey Guys-
I am looking for some advice. I currently have a gym membership, but I am considering getting an Ellipitical or a treadmill? What do you guys think would be better for me to have? or is more beneficial?

I have also really wanted an ab lounge, but not sure how good they work? Any body have one or try one?? What is your thoughts on an ab lounge?

Any thoughts, comments, or anything in general about these topics are greatly apperciated.. Thank you!!!! Have a great day!

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    I would go for the elliptical, because I feel like it's tough on your flooring and home environment to have a treadmill. All that repetitive pounding on the treadmill cant be good for your home. Elliptical is quieter, so you can keep it in the living room or home office without disturbing anyone while you work out. Having the equipment in your face every day makes you more likely to use it.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    not sure which is better, but i have always loved the elliptical! ...and i have tried the ab lounge. its nothing special. and it is extremely bulky .
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Thank you so very much! :) Sure do apperciate it, I didnt even realize about the noise! and your totally right about having the equiptment in your face eveyday! :)
  • shelbz09
    shelbz09 Posts: 115
    Thank you very much for the info on the ab lounge!
  • Elliptical burns more calories then the treadmill. The treadmill was such a drag for me lol.
    My mom just bought an ab lounger at a garage sale and i tried it. I like it. I kind of want one now.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    I have an elliptical at home. I've always burned more calories doing that vs. The treadmill.
  • I burn twice the amount of calories on the elliptical and I think it's not as boring as the treadmill! I vote elliptical.:happy: