Protein shake?!

Options
wjewell
wjewell Posts: 282 Member
Hello! I am looking into substituting a protein shake here and there for breakfast or lunch. Any good ideas on what to buy? I

Replies

• Cjgosa
    Cjgosa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've just started replacing my dinner with a Syntha-6 protein shake, it tastes really good and keeps me full.
  • sharon1dunne
    Options
    I have been on protein shakes for nearly two years. Breakfast & Lunch. Initially I used Tony Ferguson, now I mix them up with half Ferguson and Aldi's shakes.

Very nice :)
  • srmeek
    srmeek Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg Whites and fruit on the side!
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just use Body Fortress Vanilla. It's cheap and easy. Like me. =)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i know if i had an option to replace a meal with one i'd pick muscle milk. i love the stuff. i currently drink the only 100 cal ones which are 15 g of protein but they make em bigger at 20g protein. not sure if you want to higher or not with your protein.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    The Syntha-6 protein shake does taste good but it is high in calories
  • dubbyah
    dubbyah Posts: 2
    Options
    Isagenix is a great meal replacement shake!
    But you could try 1 tsp PB2 (organic peanut butter), 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 banana, 1/2 c ice, and 1 c water. Taste Delicous, i do it some mornings before class or after a workout
  • ScottCadi
    Options
    Premier Nutrition

160 cal
    2 net carb
    30 protein

I prefer the chocolate. The are at Costco and Sam's Club
  • Jose2828
    Jose2828 Posts: 80
    Options
    If you are considering to replace a meal with a shake make sure you get one that is intented for that purpose not just a protein shake. It should contain not only protein but also vitimains and minerals some carbs and fat. With that said I buy all these ingridents from WalMart to make a protein shake: frozen mixed berries, Lactaid Skim Milk and Vanilla Cream Whey Protein ($20) by Muscle Tech, blend together makes a great shake - but not for meal replacement.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options

Me too: chocolate and vanilla. You can buy 3 containers (6 lbs.) for just $38.00 or so from Walmart online. It's 26 grams of protein per scoop and 6 lbs. is roughly 75 servings. That is only $0.51 per serving -- hard to beat.
  • Krystleklearfit
    Options
    Herbalife taste pretty good imo
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working my way through a bottle of "Worldwide Sport Nutrition - Pure Protein Shake" (or at least that's what MFP lists it as. I got it at Walmart for like $20 for 27 single scoop servings). I mix it with 1/2 cup Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt and 1 cup skim milk for 235 calories and 36.5g of protein. I've tried it with water and without the yogurt but I've found that it tastes best with yogurt and milk. But if you're not wanting to spend that much on calories then it tastes just fine without those as well. The powder is 140 calories and 25g of protein.
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    I drink herbalife for breakfast and lunch. it's really good - i put a scoop of protein vanilla powder and a scoop of cookies & cream healthy meal and whatever else i want to put in it!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Nutrition, Pro Performance or Optimum Nutrition. Some are available at Sam's/Cosco and some at GNC. They are the best tasting ones I have tried and good on calories and protein and all super low in carbs.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

totally made me giggle. LOL

i started using cellucor from gnc. a little pricier than i'd like, but high protein (30g), not too bad on calories (130) and low carb (3). i don't care as much about the low carb part, but i like the high protein because i can't seem to get enough from just meat, eggs, etc alone. this helps supplement a lot.
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Herbalife taste pretty good imo

^^This^^
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    If you are considering to replace a meal with a shake make sure you get one that is intented for that purpose not just a protein shake. It should contain not only protein but also vitimains and minerals some carbs and fat. With that said I buy all these ingridents from WalMart to make a protein shake: frozen mixed berries, Lactaid Skim Milk and Vanilla Cream Whey Protein ($20) by Muscle Tech, blend together makes a great shake - but not for meal replacement.

oh and he gives great advice... i mix mine berries, bananas, and spinach sometimes. ;)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I replace breakfast and dinner (during the week) with protein shakes. I like Dymatize ISO 100 (Chocolate). It's definitely one of the more expensive proteins, but I like it a lot.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

this.

started with their chocolate peanut butter, which is awesome. but then went to vanilla, just because that allows me to use whatever flavoring add I want. today it was cherries. tomorrow, I think I'm going with peaches.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump...