food diary

Options
so i just noticed and thought i better check right away so i understand this whole thing...when i look at my diary for the day it says carbs -26 protein -2 ..is that bad? lol

Replies

• DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ummm.. YAH? LOL!!! I have not had a problem going over in the Carbs, but I always seem to go over in the Protiens.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    it just means that you went over on those two. you will probably see better results if you could keep your carbs even closer to your target, but i think you're okay on your protein. you may still see some results going over on that, but eventually you will need to change it to keep getting results. occasionally it's okay, but i'm talking about a consistency in that number.
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you are gonna go over, protein and fiber are the place to do it, keep those carbs and calories down! :flowerforyou:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    it just means that you went over on those two. you will probably see better results if you could keep your carbs even closer to your target, but i think you're okay on your protein. you may still see some results going over on that, but eventually you will need to change it to keep getting results. occasionally it's okay, but i'm talking about a consistency in that number.
  • MrBinkerton
    Options
    Hey there, in response to the other post- no I do not think going over in the carbs is that bad. And, in patricular especially the protiens! I believe that that is actually a really good thing- too much won't hurt you. As for carbs, I go over quite a bit some days and I don't think it inhibits weight-loss at all as long as you look at your overall calorie intake. I do not think carbs are the devil......I think we need them.

Hope this helps!!
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    thanks guys....i modified it a little bit..just changed my potato from a medium one to a small one...now my carbs are only -7
  • garyt
    garyt Posts: 11
    Options
    My problem is sodium, I have to keep an eye on that as much as calories.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    make your diary public and then people can see what you are doing and give you much better advice...

believe me it will help

Bill
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    make your diary public and then people can see what you are doing and give you much better advice...

believe me it will help

Bill

thanks for the advice...it's done :)

please be advised, however, my carbs have now gone up to -25 lol
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    please let me know if ur able to view it...not sure if it's working
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    does anyone ever have a problem locating the exact item you have eaten? there are some things I can't find exact, so I try to get as close as possible....there are somethings i've had to add at say 1 cup when i've only had 1/2 cup....so then i'm probably cheating myself out of more calories i should be/could be eating :sad:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You should be able to change your serving size. If something is in the database as a 1 cup serving, just enter .5 or .25 or .33 or whatever percentage of 1 cup that you actually ate.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    You should be able to change your serving size. If something is in the database as a 1 cup serving, just enter .5 or .25 or .33 or whatever percentage of 1 cup that you actually ate.

thanks i will try that next time....my problem is knowing what the percentage is lol

anyway, another quick question.....is it good or bad to be in the green with my calorie #? i finished in the green last night and will probably do the same tonight
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Green is good. Green is calories still available to you. As a rule, you should aim to be within 100 calories of your goal.

For the percentages, just gotta use basic math. If the serving size is one cup, and you ate a half cup, then you enter 0.5. Half of 1.0 is 0.5, one quarter is .25, one third is .33ish, etc.
  • canadagirl79
    Options
    Green is good. Green is calories still available to you. As a rule, you should aim to be within 100 calories of your goal.

For the percentages, just gotta use basic math. If the serving size is one cup, and you ate a half cup, then you enter 0.5. Half of 1.0 is 0.5, one quarter is .25, one third is .33ish, etc.

me and math don't go hand in hand LOL