Looking for some new friends on mfp

Options
Hi i am a 22 year old female from Denver. I am looking for friends to help me through my weight loss journey. It has been really hard for me. Was 248 pounds when I had my son, but over the last 2 and a half years I have lost about 28 pounds. Not because I was dieting but because of stress and a break up with my babies dad. I been dieting since May 27th I've lost about 10 pounds. I was at 217 and am currently at 205. I am stuck at this weight. I hate this diet and I just want to stay eating all day, but I am doing it to better my health and to have energy for my son and just my busy life in general. Well I hope to hear from people that are trying to lose weight and are having a hard time. <3 thank you all

Replies

• Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Welcome. I'll add you. I need some friends too lol
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Miss Jenny, I am a lot older than you, but if you want to be friends, I am a good supporter/listener. Trust me I have had my troubles with weight loss for a long time.
    Friend me if you like.
  • LoraineAvery
    LoraineAvery Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know how you feel. I'm stuck at that same weight. I've also lost 45 a yr ago. I'm back at it again - the diet. Not so hard this time but my hubby just makes eating look so dang good!! He eats a mountain of food, so its hard to eat with him. He is overweight also, so I get ticked off at him for doing that in front of me. Anyway, there are some really good ideas on this site, creative rewards to meet goal. I found my fav exercise video, and so I'm ready to go again.. You will make it work, the ladies on this site are awesome!! I'm going to concentrate on drinking more water this week. That will be my goal, and exercise daily. Take care and hang in there!! Loraine.
  • acbeach1
    Options
    Please add me as a friend. Just joined MFP. having trouble sticking to my calorie (1000) and carb and fat restriction. In addition I am not in the habit of exercise. I have 2 grandchildren. Need a lot of support and encourgement. Never give up!:smile:
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend. I have a brother in Denver who is on again/off again on MFP as well.
  • mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Any or all of you feel free to add me! The journey is so much easier and better with people in your corner cheering you on! Id be happy to have all of you! :)
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of some friends too. So I'll add you ha
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Would love to send you some support! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • iBetYouDontBelieveMe
    Options
    I'm new so I'll add ya! :)
  • brandilacey
    Options
    I will add you as well. I am still fairly new here. BTW- what is it that you hate about your diet? I feel strongly that you should be happy with how your eating, you should feel good and happy and not want to change for the most part. There are so many ways of eating, find the one that works for you, if you hate it, it's the wrong one. Good luck! :)
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ill add you.. always looking for new friends....so feel free to add me anyone :)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Add me - I am on everyday without fail and log everything! I will support you and kick your a** if you need it - but only if you return the favour!
    Keep it up! We will motivate you as much as you like!
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can never have too many friends. I sent you a friend request. Anyone else needing a friend, please feel free to add me to your list. :flowerforyou:
  • maesillo17
    Options
    Hey Jenny,
    I'm kinda in a similar situation, and all I can say is that "we all need support" somehow. Things at home is not going so well, especially in the relationship department. Work, needless to say, it is stressful and a pain in the a ...
    With all these items, plus the fact that you gotta take care of yourself and someone else, is not easy at all. At this moment, I think I'm slipping up, but trying to stay the course. At least today, I did power walk for 1hr.... , but I know it takes more than that.
    Just hang in there. You know what you gotta do!