Short and Chunky Success pics please!

Options
tsmom1128
tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
Hey all,

I am only 5 feet tall. Seeing all these pics of people who have lost weight are truely inspiring, however, I would LOVE to see some of short people. Seeing someone who is 5'10" weighing in at 150 looking as sexy as a GOD, is great, but I would really LOVE to see someone my height who is/has stuggled as I have/am get to their goal.

I hope this doesn't come off as rude, its not how I meant it to be. I just really need some inspiration and help with setting a goal that won't have me looking ematiated. (my doc wants me at 104... too damn skinny is you ask me).

Thanks for any help I can get with this.

Replies

• Mummy2EliandAda
    Mummy2EliandAda Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    some people wont believe me but take from this what you will.

My dr told me 80 kg is my healthy weight i wasnt in his office sick with colds flus ect nearly as much as when i got down to 70 that and it was difficult to maintain. My job is highly physical im on my feet for 5 hours at a time lifting cleaning ect ( i work in a retirement home ) although for my height they recommend 60 - i havent been 60 since i was close to 11 years old just to put that into perspective ( i was chubby but not huge ) i am 5 foot 4.

I found the best thing is to find something you really want to wear not a size 2 or anything but something 2 sizes down from what you are now each week try it on see how much further you can do up the pants top or dress till you can fit it properly then if unhappy then purchase something another 2 sizes down i found this alot easier as the weight doesnt change for me nearly as much as my measurements.

the important thing if you fall off the horse so to speak is that you get back on and realise you are going to fall off again and again you may not win every battle but its about winning your war over what you accept is ok for your body. I will try to find my before and durings im 5 foot 4 my current photo on my profile i was sitting at 98.5kg
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    im 5'1" you can see some pics on my profile
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    <-- This girl is never going to have lean long legs but she'll do lol :laugh: I'm 5'3" and 154 lbs. Check out my pics on my profile.
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im also 5 foot even and have lost 64 pounds altogether you can check my pics! :)
  • GLR87
    GLR87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Height really shouldn't matter, what's most important is being healthy. Once you see results you can decide what your ultimate goal weight should be. I thought mine was 160lbs i'm 5'9 but I', 164 now and thinking I'll be more satisfied at 150.
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 153cm (5') - my heaviest weight was 88.5kg (195lbs) and my current weight is 67.4kg (149lbs). I still have to lose around 9kg (19.8lbs) to go to reach the healthy weight range for my height according to the BMI charts, so this is still a work in progress.

Photo on the left is in January this year at 84.5kg (186 lbs), photo on the right is at current weight :)

jan2012-aug2012.jpg
  • MuchoAesthetico
    Options
    MANLET POWER REPRESENT! 5'6" MASTER RACE REPORTING.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My change 116lbs gone but these are like at 110lbs gone I think... I am 5'3 and currently 134lbs, I was 250lbs at my heaviest.

transformed.jpg

This is most recent, the one on the right is my most recent, just 1 month apart.

backfat.jpg
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Before: (NOV 2011)

b82c1c47.jpg

7f3ff672.jpg

After (28lbs later, this month)

84d7204f.jpg

995dcc41.jpg
  • kmull3
    kmull3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I am jealous! How long did it take for you to lose all that weight? I am trying but it isn't easy to stay on task and change the way I have eaten for years.
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! this is EXACTLY what i was looking for. You girls are all an inspiration! Hugs and support!
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and FINALLY at 140 pounds..... I was 220 in highschool!!! I have worked SUPER hard and still am not where I wanna be. But I am close!!!!

th_c2966f3b.jpg before I started working out

th_30ef01f2.jpg last week

th_f1938f3b.jpg before I started working out

th_f55c9397.jpg last week

th_a797975a.jpg before I started working out

th_afb43be4.jpg last week

As I said before I got a WAYS to go... but I'm gettin there!!! :)
  • sunny_smile5
    sunny_smile5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can check out this thread: "Shorties Weight Loss Pics" http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/675307-shorties-weight-loss-pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!