It's 9pm & I'm hungry!

Options
Please tell me I am not the only one who had dinner at 7 and 2 hours later I'm hungry!? Crap! Bring water, let me have a lot of it because either alcohol or a snack will throw me off. I am still under my calorie goal but I'M HUNGRY :(

Replies

• DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If you're under your goal, then eat. I suggest something with protein like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt low fat cheese, a 1/4 of nuts or nut butter....
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    What are you craving specifically? If you want some gooood evening dessert ideas, this girl is the bomb!!! I made the chocolate frosting shots yesterday to help with a craving.

http://www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If you under your cal goal, then eat something. That cals are there to eat, whenever. Its happened to me many heards of times. Even if I eat a big dinner, few hours later still a little hungary. I just always try to save a few cals for a snack at night anyways. Im just goofy like that. lol

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Look up the calorie content for strawberries. They are delicious and you can eat a ton of them without too many calories.

Oh by the way...since i've started trying to eat correctly, i will occaisionally feel "slight" hunger at bed time...I just ignore it...after several months of trying to do the right thing, i am in control of my hunger, not the other way around.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you're under your goal, then eat. I suggest something with protein like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt low fat cheese, a 1/4 of nuts or nut butter....

My personal "go to" when it's late and I feel as though I'm starving...Very simple, a glass or 2 of skim milk (reg or soy). It settles well in my tummy and quenches that hunger feeling without a ton of unneccessary cals/fat but plenty of protein:-)
  • kjordan0
    kjordan0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try and drink a big glass of water (or two!) first. Sometimes you feel hungry because your body is actually thirsty.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calories and you're hungry, eat! For crying out loud, it's not rocket science!
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER, a table spoon or two lol... Unless your allergic then don't do that. But that can help your hunger!
  • laigaie
    laigaie Posts: 1
    Options
    Popcorn always helps me if I have calories left. It must be all the crunching...
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Partially because I have pretty bad insomnia, and partially because I'm ALWAYS hungry before bed and can't sleep on an empty stomach (I literally have to eat within half an hour of going to bed or I can't get to sleep), I have my go-to, every night before bed snack.

Simple and nutritious and recommended by my doctor (for insomnia - these foods are all meant to help with sleep): a small banana chopped up in some yogurt, and a diet swiss miss hot chocolate (25 cals, tastes like full on proper hot chocolate!). Altogether comes to under 200 cals which I ALWAYS make sure I have left for my bedtime snack :)
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Protein! But not just any kind of protein..... Casein! ;)

Casein:
    Protein supplements

An attractive property of the casein molecule is its ability to form a gel or clot in the stomach, which makes it very efficient in nutrient supply. The clot is able to provide a sustained slow release of amino acids into the blood stream, sometimes lasting for several hours. This provides better nitrogen retention and use by the body. Because of its slow digesting properties, casein is widely used between meals and before bed to help bodybuilders maintain muscle in an anabolic state.

Orrrr keep you nice and full through the night! ;)