Working hard and not losing.

Options
I am 45 this april have been working out 4-6 times aweek for 5 months and have only lost 10 pounds. I lost my last 5 only after I starting doing a food journal. Now I am just stuck no wieght loss in 3 weeks even though I am running farther ,longer and doing many other thing each day and staying under my calories at 1200 daily. Any ideas how to get past point. I am only shotting for 5-7 more pounds.

Replies

• mirandam1076
    Options
    1200 cal is NOT enough for all that you say you are doing! You need to up your calories! To what I dont want to speculate but from all I have read on here and numerous other sites, if yu are not eating enough calories you wont lose.
  • scubagirl
    Options
    Maybe your not getting enough calories. I don't know what your weight is now but sounds like your excercising alot and 1200 cal is not alot for much activity. Maybe you have slowed down your metabolism. When I experienced this I took my trainers advice and ate more and started losing again.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    increase your calorie count by 200 per day...increase your intensity on your workouts if they are too easy...those are the only things I can think of. It's harder to lose weight when you only have a little to lose as well. The last 5-8lbs will be harder. Good luck!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    you aren't eating enough

Your body is holding onto every bit of food you are giving it. IT is actually messing up your metabolism in the long run and will make it difficult to maintain.

EAT food NOW.

If you continue at a high workout rate you need to eat for that level of activity.

The old days of women eating 1200 calories to "diet" is out the window and thank god for that.
  • Treens182
    Options
    Also keep in mind that muscle mass weighs more than fat mass. You may actually be losing more fat mass but gaining lean mass..... this is a GOOD THING. Maybe start measuring body fat percentage instead of total weight.
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    eat more =) take a day off and have a good meal!
    When i started to have a "cheat" night and have like pizza or just something over my cals and a day of rest i started losing again.
  • JackieBoo
    Options
    Eat more small meals... 6-8 per day. This will boost your metabolism into overdrive and allow you to optimize calorie burning!
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    Also keep in mind that muscle mass weighs more than fat mass. You may actually be losing more fat mass but gaining lean mass..... this is a GOOD THING. Maybe start measuring body fat percentage instead of total weight.

"Eat more small meals... 6-8 per day. This will boost your metabolism into overdrive and allow you to optimize calorie burning! "

"eat more =) take a day off and have a good meal!
    When i started to have a "cheat" night and have like pizza or just something over my cals and a day of rest i started losing again"

These are all GREAT pieces of advice! I also agree with the others that 1200 cals is NOT enough for your activity level. I've said this before and I'll say it again....your metabolism is like a fire, food is the fuel that feeds that fire--starve it, and the fire will go out! Please read my profile story and feel free to ask any questions. I would love to help any way I can... :wink:
  • cjgredig
    cjgredig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its so hard to eat when your not hungrey. Last time I tried eating 5-6 small meal I gained wieght. I going try again.