when I get frustrated...I give up

Options
I SHOULD be losing, according to MFP...but am not. SO...I get frustrated and think- well, I'm hungry, so if this isn't working then I'm going to eat what I want-
which is know is also getting me nowhere.

Sigh....just venting

Replies

• beano1980
    beano1980 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!
    some thing's I found out is:
    water is the best thing for a couple of reasons.... Stop's you feeling hungry and is calorie free!!
    The other thing to look out for is sugar!
    If you are having too much sugar your body will turn it into fat and stores it!! (Energy Drinks have tonnes of sugar in read the label.)
    Try spacing meals out so you're eating every 2-3 hours, Not eating more food, But little but often. (stops hunger and sends your metabolism in to overdrive.)
    And lastly sleep! Get at least 8 hours!!
    Give it a go see how you feel and see if your still hungry!

Good Luck
    Stewart.
  • ace2009
    ace2009 Posts: 13
    Options
    I know how you feel! Some days I just feel so defeated. I need to exercies a LOT in order to lose weight at all. But it takes a lot more miserable before you realise that giving up only feels worse. So don't go down that road. If you want I'll be glad to help keep you motivated...
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I just might need some motivation...
    that's me too...it doesn't matter how little I eat, ultimately it boils down to amount of exercise I do!!!
    I'd love some more motivation so I can get back in mind-set...tomorow. haha
  • duster11
    Options
    I went to a nutritionist awhile back and something she shared with me that shocked me into really watching what I was putting into my mouth was the caloric intake of drinks. Kinda similar to what beano1980 is saying. I was and still am a big coffee drinker. that was a major downfall of mine I would drink 2 - 5 lrg coffees a day double double when she informed me that just one of them was the same calorie content of TWO slices of Pizza I just about fell out of the chair we all have a drink here and there and because it doesnt fill us like food does most of us dont even think of how they affect us. I still drink my coffee but now its with no sugar and milk a whole new thing. took some time to get used to but it works. I dont know if this is anything that will help you but it may so there ya go.

good luck

Marie
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I keep telling everyone one I know, loosing is slowwwwwww over long period of time........one pound here, one pound there. Keep plugging away. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. When it happens to me I find that making some adjustments to my workout or diet can have an effect on continued weight loss.