fresh peaches!?

Options
daughter and i picked 20lbs of peaches today!:love::love: :love:

made traditional "peach crisp" for tonight.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

aside from eating them fresh (ate 6 today:noway: ), can u please share any low (or no) calorie ideas w/ me?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sorta low cal

Peaches, mascarpone and whipped cream stuffed challah french toast

20120728_134725.jpg
  • Emily_violin
    Emily_violin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work at a fruit stand, and the current trend with peaches seems to be grilling them! I haven't done it myself, but I have had many rave about how good they are! I also made a peach and tomato salad a few weeks ago. It contains fresh basil and a home made dressing! I found it on this website http://blog.pennydelossantos.com/2010/08/12/tomato-peach-and-basil-salad/ It was excellent! Oh and enjoy those peaches! There is nothing better.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love peaches!! One of my favorite summer fruits and I stock up on them at the farmers market every week.

Most common way I eat them (besides just plain, standing over the sink with the juice running down my arm!) -

With a half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey and a dash of cinnamon - delish!

On my oatmeal (also with yogurt, honey, cinnamon and walnuts).
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A Peach Mango salsa
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    sauteed in cinnamon
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    well, you wont be able to find a no calorie recipe... peaches have calories :wink:

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=grilled peaches&rt=r&origin=Home Page

that is a link to allrecipes.com for grilled peaches... Some of those look amazing!
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Them in my Vanilla Greek Yogurt :) I sometimes add a fresh plum in there also. Nice healthy breakfast!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    For a no-cal recipe, give all the peaches to me. I'll take care of them for you, and those pesky calories won't be bothering you.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Sorta low cal

20120728_134725.jpg

:love:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    7836119624_00ff94dec5.jpg

Pork with peach 'chutney' (I used tinned peaches because it's the wrong season here.)

In a pan mix peach slices, a table spoon of agave (or sugar), a little bit of water, a small onion, fresh thyme, and fresh ginger and cook them down until they are soft... about 15mins, add more water along the way if required.

Take the thyme stalks and ginger out and serve on pork chops.

YUM.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Sorta low cal

20120728_134725.jpg

CLEAN UP AISLE 2!!!!!!! I just drooled everywhere.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    yum.
  • evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal topped with grilled peaches and Greek yogurt; like Quaker peaches 'n cream but waaay better and way better for you :)
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love peaches!! One of my favorite summer fruits and I stock up on them at the farmers market every week.

Most common way I eat them (besides just plain, standing over the sink with the juice running down my arm!) -

With a half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, a drizzle of honey and a dash of cinnamon - delish!

On my oatmeal (also with yogurt, honey, cinnamon and walnuts).

That's what I eat them too - mostly the first way :))

And yes yoghurt (no need to be strained) - I love it with many kinds of fruit. Lately peaches and melon are the best choices and sometimes I don't need to add honey if the friuts are really fresh and sweet.

You can try to add plain tea biscuits instead of other sweetener in the mix of yoghurt and peaches. It's getting far from low cals I know :D, but on the other hand it's way better than a regular desert like a cheesecake or some other fruit-cake ;)

P.S. I can eat much more than 6 raw peaches and reeeeeeally enjoy them. I don't care about the sugar levels when it's from friuts. In a few months there won't be so many fruit choices on the market and I try to get the most of the season now :))