pound of fat vs inches of fat?

Options
Hi, starting in December I decided I wanted to lose some weight. I am 5'7" and weighed roughly around 165 pounds. I began to exercise 4-5 times a week and ate really healthy and dropped 15 pounds in 4 months. I have maintained 150 for awhile, and unfortunately I fell off the wagon around May, and stopped exercising and eating right all together in June until now. Right now I am 148, but obviously my muscles deteriorated and my body percent fat went up. Is this it? I'm so confused why I look 10 pounds heavier but the scale dropped LOWER.

When I go back into my regimen, how will this affect scale weight? Obviously I won't be referring to the scale much anymore, as inches and "feeling good" matter the most, but what is going to happen when I tone up again and begin my cardio/eating right again? Will my weight go UP because I will be gaining muscle again? I'm a little confused..

thanks.

Replies

• MissAlyGator
    Options
    If you gain enough muscle the scale will go up. The volume that a pound of muscle takes up is smaller than the volume of a pound of fat.
    Good luck!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Nice Silent Hill cosplay :wink:

What will your first goal be? Increase lean muscle mass or decrease body fat?
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thank you! and definitely decrease body fat. i am hoping to lose 10 lbs of fat.