HCG drops?!

Options
What's your opinion on HCG drops?!

Have you tried them? Any results?

Would you recommend?

Really curious because I've seen a few people take these drops, some like the results, some don't! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :]

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1. This thread is going to be locked and/or deleted.

2. Waste of money.

3. Are you really interested in pregnant woman pee?
  • jaynniembaby
    jaynniembaby Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    why would it be deleted?
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    I did, lost a lot of weight, lost even more hair, and have gained everything back. Don't do it, MFP is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Very bad for you in the long run. A year later and I am still losing my hair.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    why would it be deleted?

Because it is against the MFP forum rules.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I would trust the HCG diet because is usually calls for an insanely low amount of calories. My Aunt used them a few years ago and she lost weight, but she was eating less than 500 calories a day so...
  • littlehedgy
    Options
    why would it be deleted?

I jsut read over the guidelines and can't see how this violates...?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago it was Acai.........................now it's returned to HCG diet. Desperation will get people to try anything that has no scientific evidence to actually work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • racheldennis
    Options
    I tried it also. Lost 17 pounds and half my hair. Gained it all back. Not worth it!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My question is why ask that sort of question in a forum full of people who have tried nearly everything gimmicky to lose weight and have resolved that hard work and self-control are the only things that work.
  • jennpiller
    Options
    my good friend is using them and is being followed by a doctor. i am not sure the rationale as to how they work but she's having great success with it. in turn, the more weight she loses the better she feels, and the better she feels the more she's exercising. i definitely think it's not for everyone and needs a great deal of research before doing anything like that.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    my good friend is using them and is being followed by a doctor. i am not sure the rationale as to how they work but she's having great success with it. in turn, the more weight she loses the better she feels, and the better she feels the more she's exercising. i definitely think it's not for everyone and needs a great deal of research before doing anything like that.

Is your friend using OTC drops or prescribed Sub cutaneous injections?
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!!

And don't waste your money honey!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    why would it be deleted?

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal

A 500 calorie or less diet is pretty much considered an "unsafe weight loss technique."
  • littlehedgy
    Options

A 500 calorie or less diet is pretty much considered an "unsafe weight loss technique."

Technically she just asked about the drops. I am the one who said that generally the go hand in hand with a low calorie diet. So not actually to original posters fault. Sorry OP :(
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    If you want my 2 cents, this thread is gonna get ugly WAAAAAAYYY before it gets locked...

Non-related to OP's question, but my observation of history. I confess, I troll around and watch.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit sustainable to losing a pound a week. Hit your Macro's, and Exercise including strength training... That is it!! That is the Magic Pill........ Best of Luck!!!!!!
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit sustainable to losing a pound a week. Hit your Macro's, and Exercise including strength training... That is it!! That is the Magic Pill........ Best of Luck!!!!!!

^^^ THIS.^^^
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    why would it be deleted?

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

How do you know that she is not seeking a prescription? Yes, the rules talk about non-medically prescribed supplements, but there is no way to tell if she is consulting with her doctor. It's not a method I would use, but... No need to be the thread police.

Also, love "A 500 calorie or less diet is PRETTY MUCH considered..."
    Pretty much? How much was that? I do know people who have had surgery go down to this low a cal intake. Not trying to step on toes, but there is a nicer way to deal with people and no need to hop on a horse of grandeur.

Personally, I think the best way of losing weight is using MFP to track calories and to exercise regularly. As for the supplement, I have not heard great things, but talk to your doctor, it's a personal decision.

Cheers!
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Sincerely,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.