Tomatoes.

Options
Yesterday, I expanded my healthy eating horizons with a one pound container of fresh, firm, bright red San Marzano tomatoes. They were sweet, flavorful, crunchy on the outside, smooth and juicy on the inside. In short, some of the best healthy eating I have ever done for around 81 calories.

Yesterday.

Today? Let's just say that I am now typing while sitting on an inflatable cushion. This is a family board, so you can figure out for yourself why. Just thought I'd let y'all know. My guess is that I would have been fine if I had eaten them in MODERATION instead of a pound in a day. C'est la vie. I'll just be glad to put this (snicker snicker...) behind me.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.

Replies

• SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey Scott!

Yeah, moderation if your body isn't used to eating that way! For me, they wouldn't have affected me with the same unfavorable result!! lol!! I eat tons of fiberous foods. Ya just gotta work yer way up, brudda! :-)

Thanks for all your "flavorful" posts!!!

Susie
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do not have that problem much; except sometimes with cherry tomatoes. I've actually been binging on tomatoes since 3 years old. The ones from the farmer's market are THE BEST. I eat them almost daily.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Scott

So sorry you had a little problem but you really made my night.
    I'm literally laughing out loud here!! :flowerforyou:
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Lol. So sorry for your healthy eater's remorse!
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    I had no idea tomatoes could do that... but then again, when i grew up my parents always had a veggie garden with lots of tomatoes and I do the same now (15 plants this past spring and ten in the ground now for this fall). I eat lots of tomatoes daily, coulnd't imagine a day without them.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    haha...while I feel for you, it was a pretty funny read!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I didn't know tomatoes do that. Might have to try eating them the day before my weigh in :)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Lol, I've never had that problem, but I eat tomatoes daily so maybe my body is used to it. We always have nice hot house Vind tomatoes and cherry or grape tomatoes in our house since my husband and I LOOOOOOVE them so much
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We grow them too, they taste so different from what you can get in a store! I can see how you got carried away...
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I could eat my weight in tomatoes every week, all summer long! But yes - I am used to them and other fresh veggies. Definitely work your way up - don't stop because of one unfortunate overdose.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great news. It's 8 hours later and I've been able to ditch the inflatable cushion. Tomorrow, I try a variety of grape tomato called Splendido (a santalina tomato variety). The box says they were grown in Ontario, so, a great big thank you to you folks in England or Iceland or Sweden or wherever it Ontario actually is.

This time, I think I'll go with HALF a pound instead of a pound and see how that goes.

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all.

Scott R. in Houston, Tx.

(ooh, did a "boy" who grew up in New York City just say, "y'all"? Eeek!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I didn't know tomatoes do that. Might have to try eating them the day before my weigh in :)

They (tomatoes) will do that if you have a tomato allergy...otherwise I would start looking for whatever those tomatoes were being sprayed with or grown in.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    *snicker* But at least they were good when you were eating them! No worries...this too shall..pass :tongue: