I WON THE LOTTO!!

Options
RubyRubixcube
RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
haha! tricked you!!

Just wondering what other people would do if they won lotto.

Personally I think if I aquired a large sum of money through some form of gambling I would buy all the girls in my office flowers & a day spa trip cause we dont get them enough and pay for all the guys to go to lunch somewhere cause guys dont seem to get enough guy time .

And then the obvious, buy a house, invest, pay off all debts new wardrobe & pay my sisters mortgage off for her..

the list could go on I guess..

What would you do, from little things to the big things

Replies

• superflus
    Options
    I have always wanted to get an apartment in Paris, to make staying over there for long periods more affordable. That is the first place my winnings would go!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Buy a new house, fix our camper, give money to friends, I'd mostly like for us to be mortgage free. That would do me!
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to get an apartment in Paris, to make staying over there for long periods more affordable. That is the first place my winnings would go!

I think I'd be happy just going to paris (never been to europe before)
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    get the hell away from where i am now.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I would go straight to the airport

Get my picture taken waving , with a massive cheque in one hand, as I am just stepping on board a plane, and have the picture sent to everyone that doesn't like me
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Move out, get a mansion. And all my friends are invited.
    Quit my boring job, maybe go back to being a full-time student.
    Buy the best gaming PC money can buy.
    Travel a lot. Always wanted to take a vacation to Japan.
  • Jac118
    Jac118 Posts: 34
    Options
    I would buy stuff for people (a house for my mom and take all my friends somewhere fun to celebrate) - go skydiving like everywhere, quit my job of course, donate to cancer research, then volunteer/travel everywhere I possibly can, but still do it cheaply, and then invest the rest. No house or fancy car until I am married and settled and need them for my family

edit: forgot to say I would probably take classes and/or get a masters degree in anything I want!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I made a promise to God that if I ever won the lottery, I would donate all the money. Can't break that one :sad:
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Whatever amount I won assuming it was real large I would first before anything give my mom half because she deserves it. Whatever was left I would put 90% of it in the bank and live off of the interest and spend the 10% on useless *kitten* like college lol, another car, and maybe give money to some animal shelters and hand out hundred dollars bills to homeless people just because. I'm assuming we're talking about millions. If it were only like $20K or something I'd just split it up between charities that I was interested in, or hand out hundred dollar bills to homeless people until it was gone. I got a real problem with people living on the street and not being able to effing eat.
  • katiefly86
    Options
    The list is so long, lol!
    I'd buy my mom a house and a reliable car. I'd do the same for each of my siblings and myself. I'd donate 10% to my favorite charity, and I would invest the rest. With the interest from investing I'd finish college and travel.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I made a promise to God that if I ever won the lottery, I would donate all the money. Can't break that one :sad:

Yes you can
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Practical things:
    I'd pay off my school loans, pay for more college, pay off my in-laws mortgage and my parents car loan, and then send my folks and inlaws on vactions where every they wanted to go. I'd write a fat check to the little country church i miss so badly back home, so they would never have to pinch pennies again. I'd buy my brother some land in the country to build a house on, i'd put my sister-in-law through college, and I would make sure my brother in law was always happy and safe. I'd build a nice home in woods somewhere and bank the rest, and live happy. I'd spend my time and money making things better for people when I could.

Fun things
    I'd buy a sweet gaming computer, a hot tub, and travel the world and go to concerts, theater performances.

I have a big list, it's okay to dream right?
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I would but a house in America somewhere nice, I'd give all my family and friends something to help them, and I'd buy my brother a house. I'd keep the house I own now but I'd rent it out, and buy a bigger house with lots of land for my dogs, and possible start my own dog sitting place. Take my whole family and friends on a holiday because god knows they deserve it
    But before all that I'd make a huge donation to the local animal shelter and pay off their huge vet bills. I always dream about being able to do that for them.... sad maybe but it's just something I wish I could do x