when am i going to drop a size??? feeling discouraged!

Options
im feeling a bit let down. Ive been a size 14 at the start of febuary, I have lost 11 kilos. Im still a size 14, my pants are loose but they arent falling down to my ankles lol

when is that going to happen!!!

Replies

• jodiegauv91
    Options
    11 kilos since february is great! keep your focus and you'll be shopping for for a size 12 soon enough :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Waist size and fat loss are genetic, so your waistline may be the last to go. Also if you're just dieting to lose weight, loss of muscle could be your main weight loss and that takes up less area than fat when compared to equal weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Have you gone and tried on the next size down? You might surprise yourself.
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    dont be discouraged!! i was the same....i started mfp in feb at a big size 12, small 14. and very recently i felt the same because i just stayed in a 12 altho they were very big a 10 was no where near but then all of a sudden they fit! 10s are still tight and in some shops a 10 is still way to small but it will happen! i looked at ur diary and what about throwing in some excersise that helps with inches lost.....ive personally found Jillian micheals dvd's great for inch loss, and i run and that is also great! im currently doing the insanity workouts (which i found on you tube! so no need to pay the £80 for all the dvds!!) good luck....you will get there......
    p.s make sure you are drinking loads od water to help stop water retention!! :happy:
  • BodyElectric1
    BodyElectric1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Keep your measurements instead. Sizes vary from store to store and different fabrics. A size 14 in one brand could be a 12 another, or even 16 in another. Some stores/brands run small, others are guilty of excessive vanity sizing. The best way is measure yourself and go off that, its more accurate and you may find that you've lost a size or two.
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

When such things happen, that means

1) You've lost most of the Water Weight
    2) Lost a substantial amount of Muscle

As,

If its the Fat loss, then you're assured to have decrease in the body measurements.

Best thing for you would be to keep up with very good nutrition and also start weight (resistance) training. This will make sure that you won't be loosing any more muscle. At the same time, never lower your calorie intake below 1500/day and do good amount of cardio (especially HIIT) atleast 20 - 30 mins/day.