Combatting emotional eating

Options
My worst problem is eating when I'm stressed out about my hideous load of schoolwork. Stress is a killer for my diet! The worst part is I can't run off my stress in such times because I need to spend the time studying. What do the rest of you emotional-eaters do to combat this, and what do you do after you realize you've eaten way more than you should have?

Replies

• CJSCHUYLER
    CJSCHUYLER Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try a cycling machine or a sauna while you are reading if you can. Keeping busy in some way and keeping your mind off of the food is the way to go. I have done some reading and prep for tests in a sauna and on the bike before. Just pack up a bag of your books and hit the gym. Get about 45 minutes or more of cardio and study. Not sure if you eat regular meals or like i used to do and just eat when i got hungery. Eating on a regular timed basis will help with emotional eating. 4-5 small meals will help keep the hunger down and stress off. Use us here on this site for support, everyone here has been great friends and great for motivation. Friends are always there when you need them. get in a routine and develop a good habit with your friends helping, you can do it. I hope this helps in one way or another. Good luck and have fun.