Buried my sugar macro before sunrise! YIKES!

Options
I was so good yesterday...so as a reward decided to have a treat before breakfast and my workout (I am thinking protein, because I intend to lift today!). Enter Bolthouse Mocha Cappucino,8 oz. 180 cals., 29 sugar! Oh Man! Knew it was high, but ouch! LOL

Guess I will have to be extra good for the rest of the day...or just eat natural sugars found in fruit...Still, that is KILLER! Sheesh!

On a good note~scale reads 229.5 this morning...I haven't seen the 220's for over 15 years! Doing Happy Camper Dance today! (Wonder how many calories THAT burns???)

Replies

• ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Those things are so good..
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    This is TOO FUNNY!, i am just having a new k cup i bought, a french vanilla cappucino and i piled the whip cream in it, HEAVENLY!, but i do 2 to 3 hours of cardio a day!, so it will come off fast! We have to have some fun!, too bad i cannot add the vodka in it too!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    "Premium" beverages are an amazing way to ingest sugar. I was explaining to a woman in the office the other day that her energy drink had 51 grams of sugar. She called me a liar and said "Its right here on the can...17 grams!" I told her that was 17 grams per SERVING and the can had three servings...according to the same label she was reading.

She kind of stared at the label and went "...ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh..."

:sick: :huh:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Don't fret. It was a treat. You deserve one every now and then.

MFP sets the sugar intake WAY too low, IMO. If you ate an apple, you'd go over the limit. I increased mine to 1/4 of my total carb intake, which pretty much doubled how many I could eat. I still go over from time-to-time, but it's mostly from fruit. I don't worry about it.