Best iPhone GPS app for running

Options
So, at the moment I'm using MapMyRun which seems pretty good but their website is useless for graphs and things. What else is out there. Are RunKepper / Endomondo / Nike+ etc any better / more accurate?

Thanks!

Replies

• smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    They are all similar, i have used endomondo and it does what it says on the tin as it were.

I prefer to run without my phone, I use a garmin GPS watch instead when im running, I use endomondo when i go out walking though, it is fine, you can see the route on google maps etc.

Does the job.

Peace
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ , no complaints with it, GPS is accurate and I can listen to my music while it on
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I use runkeeper it's great and a free app. Only one time it let me down and didn't log my miles correctly, but I've had it for months now so 1 time is okay. Like I said, it's a free app so worth giving a go :)
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I use ismoothrun which is great app - not free and only available for the iPhone, but absolutely fantastic!
  • troubleonline
    Options
    I recommend Runkeeper as well. I used it for all my moonwalk training and it was as accurate as the Garmin Forerunner I bought my hubby last Christmas. It also started quicker and I like the audio cues you can get whilst using it - you can set it to alert you to various intervals e.g. every 10 minutes, every mile, etc as well as the pace or speed you are doing or did last mile in etcetc. Only twice in about 80 walks did it go a little dolally - usually starting me in the wrong place.

Does tend to drain your battery on longer workouts - when I got up 5 hour walks my battery got very low so I had to be careful.
  • juljoejakjarave
    Options
    I also use iSmoothRun and I love it!
  • harryd179
    Options
    I use mapmyrun and i think its the best app for me, I used to use nike+ but always found it would stop recording my data halfway through my run - annoying!
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    I second RunKeeper. I run in the city and have to stop and start for lights and I love that it has an auto-pause that detects when you've stopped moving.

I used to have a Garmin but it was rubbish at picking up GPS, much worse than my phone. But maybe they've improved...
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am a long time used of mapmyfitness (includes mapmyrun and mapmyride) - I used it before I got my smartphone. I can use it on my smartphone and I can download data from my Garmin.
  • Peeriegemgem
    Options
    I use Runkeeper as its free - it works, its accurate, and I like the fact you can set it up to tell you how far along you've got per time/mile/etc. Although now I've turned her voice off as I found it was perhaps putting me off. It runs in the background nicely and you can set goals via the website.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm going to try RunKeeper next time. :-) Thanks all.

Now to find a Half Marathon training app....