Breakfast by missing it does it hurt my weightloss??

Options
I'm not a breakfast eater does that affect my weight loss for the day or even my calories for the day? If so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any advice giving. If i just drink a protein shake would that be good enough? If so what are some good choices?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast. Eat when you want to eat.
  • ceeceescurves
    ceeceescurves Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're not into breakfast, try to have something high in protein, low in sugar. If you like eggs, try one egg any style.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether it makes you hungry later. Personally, I need breakfast or I become a ravening hungerbeast by lunch and I can empty the refrigerator into my gaping maw. This makes for unfortunate food choices at lunchtime.

If I start with a solid breakfast, I do much better.

But what works for you works for you. The key is number of calories in a day and the quality of those calories (fats, proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals), NOT exactly when you eat them.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Go to leangains.com and read. Very good information.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i drink a protein shake even morning with unsweetened almond milk
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast eater does that affect my weight loss for the day or even my calories for the day?

No.
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always wonder, they say you need to eat breakfast to kick start your metabolism (is this still true?). Well I have a tea when I get to work, with 1 sugar, that contains calories, is that not enough? I dont always have a chance to get something or dont always fancy breakfast!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    no need to have breakfast
    eat first meal when you are hungry

my only advice on meal timing:
    don't wait till the point when you are so hungry that you grab anything you can get from vending machine
    apart from that it's whatever you prefer

food don't start your metabolism - it never stops.
  • TauTheBull
    Options
    I often skip breakfast 4-5 days a week. Meal frequency does not matter.
  • Shyfire62
    Shyfire62 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast! I usually don't get hungry until around 1- so, that's my first meal. I might have 'breakfast food' for lunch sometimes, tho. I'm done eating for the day around 6. So, I guess I'm a natural Intermittent faster...lol.
  • Ravikanth77
    Ravikanth77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is a proverb "Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince & Dine like a Pauper" . Skipping your breakfast tends to eat more food and consume more calories during lunch or dinner. Suggest to have breakfast without fail.
  • dalila747
    dalila747 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is a proverb "Eat breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince & Dine like a Pauper" . Skipping your breakfast tends to eat more food and consume more calories during lunch or dinner. Suggest to have breakfast without fail.

That's not necessarily true for everybody. I'm not particularly hungry at breakfast, and since I've started skipping breakfast I've been meeting my calorie goals more consistently. I get to eat more in the evening when I'm hungrier.