New question for morning workout people...

Options
I was not the OP of the last morning exercise topic, but I read it and it inspired me.

I'm a teacher and work a 2nd job on Tuesdays and Thursdays until after 8 (then of course I have to eat dinner and get everything ready for the next day). I was trying to figure out how to keep exercise in everyday M-F when I saw the last post.

YOU ALL ROCK! And motivated me a great deal with some good suggestions.

I did it yesterday (knowing I wouldn't be able to in the afternoon)...woke up at 5, worked out, showered, had coffee and breakfast, etc. I felt on top of the world thinking I COULD do it everyday, I almost didn't need coffee at all, I was wired! But after yesterday being SO long, and knowing that today I CAN work out in the afternoon, I could not get out of bed at 5 :'( I'd love for it to be an everyday thing, not just a Tuesday and Thursday thing (although I AM thankful for the motivation I have when I know it's the only time)...

My question is: Many of you said it was hard to get started, how long did it take you to get in the habit?

Replies

• Ravikanth77
    Ravikanth77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Any thing practicsed continuously for 21 days become a habit.. Try it
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    The only way it works for me is yoga for 10-30 minutes. I can get up and exercise for an hour, but then I crash mid afternoon. But I have tons of people who work in business 8-12 hours a day who workout hard for an hour, hour and a half each and every morning. My stepson works out every night for an hour or so after a 12 hour day.
  • BlueMacaroniArt
    BlueMacaroniArt Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I was not the OP of the last morning exercise topic, but I read it and it inspired me.

I'm a teacher and work a 2nd job on Tuesdays and Thursdays until after 8 (then of course I have to eat dinner and get everything ready for the next day). I was trying to figure out how to keep exercise in everyday M-F when I saw the last post.

YOU ALL ROCK! And motivated me a great deal with some good suggestions.

I did it yesterday (knowing I wouldn't be able to in the afternoon)...woke up at 5, worked out, showered, had coffee and breakfast, etc. I felt on top of the world thinking I COULD do it everyday, I almost didn't need coffee at all, I was wired! But after yesterday being SO long, and knowing that today I CAN work out in the afternoon, I could not get out of bed at 5 :'( I'd love for it to be an everyday thing, not just a Tuesday and Thursday thing (although I AM thankful for the motivation I have when I know it's the only time)...

My question is: Many of you said it was hard to get started, how long did it take you to get in the habit?

I'd like to figure this one out too... I'm sooo NOT good with 5 AM... but I find I have trouble sleeping when I run at night. Sooo I need to get up early too. Still didn't do it today... :(
  • bethberg12
    bethberg12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just started doing it out of necessity (work FT, have a toddler). I used to be a 5pm or later workout-er, but that's impossible these days.

I like having it out of the way, and feel better about myself all day. I actually make better food choices, too, b/c I feel healthy.

I think it took me about 2 weeks to feel "into" it...but...I still get that "Aw F*** NO!" feeling when my alarm goes off early and the hubs is still snoring next to me.