has anyone heard of the 3 day diet?

Options
Has anyone tried or knoe someone whose done the 3 day diet? , does it work to drop a few pounds, eating their diet plan ? Thankyou!!

Replies

• Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago Pip... it's only 3 days but i. was. MISERABLE, but then I am very much the sort of person who goes into "diet = deprivation" mode... perhaps if you're a bit more determined than me you'll be ok :laugh:
    Did it three days before a last-minute holiday but it just meant that as soon as I had my bikini on I was loitering around the beach BBQ...
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Let me guess it involves not eating much for 3 days and then seeing the scale drop a bit from the reduced water retention tricking you into thinking you actually lost a ton of fat?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    ::flips desk and storms out::
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I would guess most peoples' diets last about three days.
  • MicaMurphy
    MicaMurphy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    [/quote

Ahahaha!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    my friend tried it. it was stupid. she was only allowed to eat an egg and black coffee for breakfast or some crazy *kitten* like that. she went mad and ate 2 jacket potatoes when she came out to lunch.

diet programmes especially fast results ones are all stupid.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Sounds ridiculous to me.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Any quick thing you do today will not make any difference in a year from now. If you want to make a change that will last, you need to commit to it for life.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Anything that is supposed to be a "quick fix" is not real. What you lose is temporary; meaning its water weight at best.

If you want to lose weight, REALLY lose weight...you need to make a LIFE TIME change; this isn't a short term change. You are not going ON a diet. You are making a LONG TERM change in your life style your eating habits, your exercise habits. You need to change your way of thinking FIRST and foremost. Diets don't work, life time, long term changes are all that do. Does that mean you can never have things that are on the no-no list ever again? No, it means you learn to eat healthy and within proper calories 90% (or even 80%) of the time and deviate only 10-20% and you stay within a healthy weight and size.

Life time commitment to health, nutrition and vitality! Are you ready to make the change?
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hmmm can't say that I have.
    But, I have heard of the 1 day diet. Drink lots of tequila and then vomit everything up next day.
    Happens every weekend :ohwell:
    So what is the 3 day diet??
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Any quick thing you do today will not make any difference in a year from now. If you want to make a change that will last, you need to commit to it for life.

^^^^This
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried or knoe someone whose done the 3 day diet? , does it work to drop a few pounds, eating their diet plan ? Thankyou!!

Is that the "diet" where you have a kinda strange menu for like a week (day one: hard boiled egg, two ounces of tuna, one grape) and then for three days you pig out, and then have the strange meals again for a week?

If so, it just does NOT sound healthy or sustainable to me. An overweight co-worker of mine was doing it. She was MISERABLE, but insisted it works because "It's from the Mayo clinic" (or whatever other hospital someone has inserted on the heavily photocopied "diet plan" paper she got from a friend of a friend of a friend). All of us in the office told her that it's not a sustainable diet...she lasted a week and now she isn't doing it anymore.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have but I just dont think it would work- thats like taking 2 steps foward and 3 steps back....moderation and moving are key I think for a lifestyle change which is what we are all trying to achieve :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    There's more than one, surely? Which particular 3 day diet are we discussing here?
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO !!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Let me guess it involves not eating much for 3 days and then seeing the scale drop a bit from the reduced water retention tricking you into thinking you actually lost a ton of fat?

this. weight loss from losing water weight is just awesome. ;)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

THIS
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ::flips desk and storms out:: (ノಥ益ಥ ノ ┻━┻

┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)