30 day Shred

Options
I think it may just be too much for me right now. I'm thinking of putting the video on a shelf and sticking to walking for a couple months. The jumping jacks are just killing me.

Replies

• lciupa
    lciupa Posts: 48
    Options
    How many days in are you?
    They killed me at first too- but after a few days they got easier. I personally had a problem going from jumping jacks to jumping rope. My body fought me big time!
    You could always modify the jumping jack by standing in place and just moving your one side body at a time. So right side arm and leg, back to center then left?
    If you feel its too much dont hurt yourself! Walking, and maybe somelight hand weights? Do some arm exercises while you burn?
    Good luck!
  • ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    just do the best you can and stick with it! i started monday and i was so sore last night at work it was a production getting up and down to go down the hall.... just move at your own pace as far as the levels go... and when you finish the program... start it over again! good luck you to you :)
  • abbygrit
    abbygrit Posts: 19
    Options
    You can do it! They're only one part of the whole circuit... believe me I was just complaining about the sequence of jumping jacks into jumping rope into jumping jacks into jumping rope. That's actually the most difficult part for me. But the good news is she won't repeat it on the other two workouts.
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm actually on day 3 today. I lasted all of 7 minutes before I just decided to stop the video.
  • PaulieUK
    PaulieUK Posts: 11
    Options
    Don't quit just do as much as you can. If you can't do jumping jacks do something you can do. Start slowly and work your way up and eventually you will be able to do it. Doing 7 minutes is better than doing nothing at all...that's actually the way that I started.
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    You can march in place to catch your breath but dont stop moving. I started with just moving one arm and one leg at a time, no jump. cuz my knees couldnt take the pressure. you can do it baby!! you already are and just dont wanna believe it!!

Un dia a la vez!!!!!!!

or

One day at a time!!!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to keep at it!

Like some of the other posters suggested, try modifying the moves that are tough for you! I do this ALL the time. Jumping jacks; just try little hops first, or just the arms or just the legs.

What size weights are you using? I would even try some of the moves without any weights at first. You want to work on your form first so you don't do more damage than good. I would stick with level one for longer than scheduled, until you build up your strength and endurance. Set mini goals! Try saying you will complete 5 regular jumping jacks today, 6 the next day, etc.

I'm currently in the middle of Body Revolution. What I do to motivate myself to KEEP PUSHING is after each workout I make a list of the moves that really challenged me, the moves I thought I rocked at, and what I want to try to improve on the next session.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would keep going. Take a break if you need to. Modify every move. You will be proud of your self if you complete it.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else here on modifying things. Stay with it and do Level 1 until you can complete the whole thing. You can do it girl, believe! Keep it up!! :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    MODIFY!!!! DON'T give up!!! My coworker and I are doing the Body Revolution series by Jillian. I'm at goal weight, but she is not. I can manage *most* of the cardio without dying (some of that stuff is deceptively challenging), but she struggles. When it comes to stuff that's just beyond her range, I help her modify. Can't do the jacks, do the motions without the jumping, alternating one leg to the side for each arm raise. Jillian usually gets around to showing the modification. Try to preview the work out and find the modification and start with it.

Please please PLEASE don't Give up!!!!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I started out thinking I'm going to die if I continue it, but I pushed myself, taking short breaks and drinking a sip of water, modifying moves to help me be able to do it. After 12 days of this I did so much better that I was able to move on to level 2. From lying down on the ground, out of breathe, aching and sore, to doing planks, and push ups and jumping jacks - it's possible! Like Jillian says - she's got 300 pound people doing jumping jacks, it's just mind over matter, you can do it! And you will see improvement within a few days, don't give up!
  • Peeriegemgem
    Options
    Don't quit! Else you'll just keep saying you'll return to it. Take it slowly, modify the moves. I'm reasonably fit and I struggle with aspects of Jillians dvds - I'll never be able to do a proper push up! You will notice the differences if you can keep with it, and that is what makes it so worth while. Good luck!
  • ladydia67
    Options
    I have started the program for a second time this week. First time didn't go so well. I find when I get really breathless doing the jumping jacks I sort of rock/step back and forth (one foot to the other) while still doing the arm part and I can get pretty winded doing this. The arms moving still keeps the cardio up. I have found that the 3rd day seems to be the hardest of all the days for some reason but I persevere and my husband says he can see my body tightening up. I do hope that you keep at it. I am really going to push myself this time around.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Really beautiful and encouraging responses to the original poster, everyone.

I agree. Don't give up. Just modify the difficult moves and keep moving. Do some of the moves without weights if you need to. Take as much time as you need to complete each session, but please don't stop trying. It may have been 7 minutes today, but next time it may be 8, 9 or more.
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks, wow I did not expect so many and so supportive response. I was doing punching bag workouts before this, so the weights aren't the problem. It's the jumping jacks that kill me. But, I'm going to try modifying it. Thanks again. It was really uplifting to read everyone's response. Wow!
  • ladydia67
    Options
    Hey there, I was thinking about you this morning while doing the 30DS. I hope that you haven't given up and wish you all the best in your efforts. Have a great day and keep on pushing on!!!!
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yayy! Awesome! Happy to hear that. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support. :)