has anyone heard of the 3 day diet?

Options

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    HOWEVER if you want to fit into a special dress, pair of jeans, etc for an occasion.... not so bad
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I think, if it is the same one I did back 7 or so years ago, and it sounds the same, (Pre-florida vaca, and before I knew better).....yep, you will lose weight. Water weight. It wont stay off. And if it is the same one, you finish up day 3 with stupid amounts of prune juice?.....NOT PRETTY. LOL
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    Hmmm can't say that I have.
    But, I have heard of the 1 day diet. Drink lots of tequila and then vomit everything up next day.
    Happens every weekend :ohwell:
    So what is the 3 day diet??

Yeah i have done that one! :laugh:
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose water weight, I would just take some diuretic pills like the week leading up to whatever event (wedding, photo shoot, etc), and maintain a clean diet while drinking plenty of water to help your system flush. You'll lose water weight, and not starve to death.
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    This went well for the op ;)
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha brilliant
    ::flips desk and storms out::
  • macpacman
    Options
    Has anyone tried or knoe someone whose done the 3 day diet? , does it work to drop a few pounds, eating their diet plan ? Thankyou!!

Say whaaaaaaaat?
    llama-stare-gif.gif
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    People are too impatient. Okay sure, could lose 5 pounds in three days but seriously, could you do that diet for life? And when you do stop, you're just going to pile it back on and more probably?

Just eat right, healthily and exercise - old fashioned way. Keep it simple!!!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No, but I've heard of the MFP diet... do it everyday.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I would guess most peoples' diets last about three days.

Very true...but they call them New Years Resolutions...not diets!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Many of your posts are about quick fixes... perhaps it's time to admit that they don't work. :noway:
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's this one: http://www.everydiet.org/diet/3-day-diet

*cue the starvation mode soundtrack*
  • Beksnevin
    Options

:laugh:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Many of your posts are about quick fixes... perhaps it's time to admit that they don't work. :noway:

I was about to suggest this. OP - rather than running around all the time looking for a magic solution, why not use MFP every day, log your food, do some exercise and achieve long term success?
  • staceface519
    Options
    I did a few times to drop weight quick. . its easy. . u follow the diet they tell u for 3 days (as all the chemicals work together to help u) then u eat sensible (not on the diet) for the remainder. . i used to diet monday - wednesday then eat what i wanted (within reason) thurs - sunday. . . . it worked well, made me go to the bathroom way to much and gave me a stomach ach all the time so i stopped but it does work IF you follow it correctly. . i lost 10 pounds in a week and a half before i stopped. . . . it drained all my energy with the lack of sugar but i wasnt starving if you eat a sensible sized portion. . if ur doing the diet and saying ur starving that means ur eating WAY to much in one sitting and you might want to think about eating whats on a saucer plate to educate urself as to what a portion is. . . .
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, that looks quite tasty, might try it!

But 2 things are putting me off. The first is "try and". This is my absolute utmost grammar peeve. You do not "try and" do anything, you "try to". (Put it in the past tense - I tried and lose weight for many years. Or the present continuous - I'm trying and increase my protein. Or a different person - they'll try and break out of their pen, my dogs)

The other is the exact, precise amount of calories quoted. So half a grapefruit is EXACTLY 41 calories. Nothing about the size of the grapefruit, or how sweet it is.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i heard that the 3 day diet takes over 30 days to complete...
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options

This means this idea has been bandied around these forums since day one and all they are is a waste of time.
  • Smackemdanno
    Smackemdanno Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use the 3 day diet as a plateau buster. I didn't drop a pound for over 5 months and was trying everything including eating more calories and killing myself at the gym and walking for over an hour each day. I did the 3 day diet eating pretty much anything I wanted for 4 days in moderation and tue-thurs did the recommended three day diet. I have lost an average ov just under 2 pounds per week and am on my 4th week. It sucks on day three but the first 2 days are ok. After eating what you want after the first week you feel bloated and gross. I learned my lesson and eat in better moderation on the 4 days off and don't get as sick feeling. I think it has worked for me because I am not starving myself for 7 days and denying myself of all food pleasures like dark chocolate and popcorn. I get to eat them every week except for tue-thurs. My calorie consumption on tue-thurs is about 1100-1300 calories. The other 4 free days per week is around 2000-2200. Do what works for you. There is no magic formula for each person. My blood pressure is down, my weight is down and my cholesterol is dropping. I substitute healthier things for the crackers or bread like pita bread at walmart ($1 per 6 pitas) to change things up a bit and add the occasional onion and minched garlic. Sometimes I even put spinach in my egg omelete. I have traded grilled trimmed pork loin and chicken breast for the tuna and I'm down 43 lbs overall. I did body for life and they have a one free day built into their program and I lost crazy amounts of weight doing body for life. Don't let anyone tell you your successfull diet won't work unless it is your doctor and he or she is telling you not to do it because it is unhealthy.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    No, but I've heard of the MFP diet... do it everyday.

^^^ THIS