TRX

Options
Anyone out there doing TRX? I take an hour class one day a week, but hoping to move to 2 days a week eventually. Also, I'm getting a TRX for Christmas for home use. I am totally in LOVE with TRX and obsessed with it. BEST EVER! I started Insanity today so hopefully that helps me lose my c-section belly that doesnt want to go away! lol

Replies

• snseabrook
    snseabrook Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love TRX! I use it for personal training clients all the time and I teach a class every Wednesday that combines the TRX with kettlebells. Such a great piece of equipment and very versatile!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I had my first trx class yesterday, it was so hard and I loved it! Finally a really challenging class where I know I will be pushing myself! I've also been trying to lose that baby fat that I've had for five years and have been doing insanity for a few weeks.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    What is TRX?
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I love the TRX, and the Viper, but both put a lot of strain on my dodgy wrist, so I have to limit it, but hoping as my wrist strengthens I'll be able to do more :-)
  • chubtofit
    chubtofit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My gym offers it but unfortunately I haven't had the money for it. I did try the free orientation sessions and man was it hard. I consider myself fairly fit and strong but the TRX proved me wrong - especially doing the plank with your feet in the loops. I'm hoping that they will offer a 6 session TRX soon (a little more affordable than the 12 session).
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    We have a TRX at home and I use it for some things but generally don't do a workout on it. My husband works out on it every day.

Our gym also has a TRX and I told the trainer I'm interested in using it there as well.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    TRX straps are pretty damn awesome, for all experience levels I think. When at home, I use them in conjunction with my free weights. For example, I might go to failure on a bench press and then immediately hop over to them for some suspended pushups or tricep dips. I travel a lot and wanted a set for the hotel room. Patience is not a virtue I possess, and I went searching for them in the middle of a town I had never been. Of course, I could not find them.

I did find a knock off set for half the price. They work very well. I like how I can slide the plastic handles to the side and use the very comfortable loop section to hold up my ankles while doing ab work. They come with a bunch of DVDs, but I have not watched them.

The ones I got are called "Rip 60": https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=rip+60&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&cid=11212421755240944360&sa=X&ei=cdQ0ULy1K4qu8ATW9YGwBQ&ved=0CE8QrQQ
  • tomruhland
    Options
    You can make your own for under $30 / a stop to Tractor Supply or Lowes. I could not afford the commercial version. It has been a great addition to the tools I use to keep things interesting, and the core strength you get from it is amazing. You can find lots of TRX exercise suggestions via google or youtube.
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was planning on buying TRX for home use as a Christmas gift. I'll have to check out the knock offs! Thanks!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I took my first ever TRX class in specialty gym last night. All I can say is wow!

Talk about a truth teller, there is really nowhere to hide from your weaknesses. At the regular gym it is really easy to focus on that which you are good at and ignore your weak spots. Even my strongest body parts were put to the test when being used in functional full body setting.

I can't wait to go back. Classes are little expensive, but I got a good deal on the first few (5 for price of 1).
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been using the TRX for about six months now with my personal trainer once a week. I just don't get tired of the challenges it brings. I'm considering getting ione installed at home. Do those of you who have one use it a lot at first then kind of leave it hanging there gatherring dust? I'm worried that I'll wreck my ceiling and a few months down the road, not use the TRX.
  • Windy32
    Options
    The first TRX class I went to my arms didn't stop shaking for the whole day. It is so much fun i love the way you can make it harder just by how far you lean into or away from the straps.