Major weight loss, still needing to lose!

Options
vb2305
vb2305 Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this website. I read some of your stories, and they were very inspirational! I thought I would share mine to contribute to the motivation!

Four years ago, I was a junior in college going to school full time, working full time and doing volunteer work. I was always so busy, and I used that as an excuse not to work out, and to eat poorly. I let myself get to 323 pounds (my largest recorded weight). I knew I was getting bigger, and my clothes size was going up, but I ignored it for the most part because I surrounded myself with people who also made poor decisions when it came to eating and fitness.

Since then, I have lost roughly 140 pounds. I started seeing various trainers to motivate me, a nutritionist to keep my eating in check, and working out with friends to hold me accountable. I am now in the best shape of my life...I compete in triathlons, play competitive volleyball, and am currently training for my first century bike ride and marathon. I will admit I still struggle with food and keeping motivated to work out, especially now when I am teetering so close to my goal weight and I am not seeing the drastic changes like I was in the beginning. I have not yet reached my original goal weight, but that's why I am here!

Replies

• thinmg
    thinmg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done great loss !!!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic story and thank you for sharing!
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Stay focused and you will achieve your goal weight. I know when I was within a couple of pounds of my goal was the hardest for me, and now I'm 2.5 pounds past my goal.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love how active you've become! If you are looking to add friends, feel free to add me :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!