Zumba Exercise Calories Burned ??? Please Help

Options
I'm going to start a Zumba class tomorrow and I need to know how many calories to record for a 1/2 hour workout of Zumba. Isn't their a web site that you can go to that is good for this? Does anyone know about this or how many calories I'd burn in 1/2 hour?

Replies

• chubb666
    chubb666 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    buy a cheap heart rate monitor; almost every catalouge has one for around £20 that should measure calories burnt during exercise.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    There are so many variables. I throw my hands up in the air because my first HRM told me I burned 390 calories during an hour long workout, my second one told me I burned 1000 (same teacher, different day, slightly higher average HR). I give up :)

It is an estimate but if you are doing a higher impact Zumba and its half an hour long, 150-200 calories is a pretty safe estimate.
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

I use this calculator. And I usually go with the moderate level... it bases it on your weight and the time you do the exercise. Good luck!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the wonderful ideas!!
  • saylt
    saylt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all I teach zumba and you can burn anything from 300-1000 calories in a 1 hour session depending how hard you work xx