No 30 day shred exercise breakdown?

Options
I am 2 weeks into Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and have been breaking down the exercises as much as I think I can on my exercise tracker but I am wondering if anyone on here has come up with a perfect combination of exercise tracking to count as a 30 day shred work out with levels 1, 2, and 3.

Any ideas? I absolutely HATE how the exercise area doesn't give you many options for exercises. It doesn't even have jumping jacks! :(

Thanks in advance for the help!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking it as general circuit training. My friend said that's how a lot of people on here track it. I've been doing 20 minute circuit and I've been losing steadily.
    I LOVE 30DS!!!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    circuit training, general
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    However it has a good amount of cardio. I added a Jillian Micheals on my personal exercise page and I put in the numbers from my heart monitor thingy. It was $35.00 and I use it a lot. I was shoked at how different some of the calorie burn counts were off. I know it is different for everyone. I would suggest to go buy one if you don't have one. I put Jillian in my Cardio section.
  • beckminster
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm glad I found this thread! I just joined MFP, from WW, and I've been doing the 30DS since about Halloween. That would be longer than 30 days. :) I too was wondering how to log it. The circuit training seemed like it might be too many calories. I was thinking maybe just aerobics, high impact (level 3 of the shred is def. high impact!), which for me is like 190 calories.
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! I'm only 3 days into it and super sore right now, but it's a good sore! I've been logging it as circuit training, but 30 minutes instead of 20 b/c I feel like you burn more than just what 20 minutes of basic circuit training would. I guess it really depends, too on if you're using the modified versions of moves or the advanced. I always do advanced (that's why I'm a sore person who can barely sit on the toilet!!! lol, those squats will get ya!). I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by logging it as that, but I felt like it was good enough.
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also log it as circuit, general and it shows I've burned about 192ish calories.

But, I agree. There should be an exercise or way to log it since it is so popular.
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm on (I think) day 5 of the 30DS. I know, it is frustrating as to how to log this. The best way that I could come up with is to log it under cardio and use a heart rate monitor to log your personal calories burned while doing this dvd.

Personally, I think it is the closest that you will get.

I HIGHLY recommend that if you don't already own a heart rate monitor to go out today and buy one. They are not expensive, mine was maybe 40 bucks. It's a great investment to make for yourself.

Good luck everyone, I'm going to stay at level one for a while yet. Jillian is B.R.U.T.A.L.!
  • MommaDye
    Options
    Thanks Juls for asking. :) I was so sad when I couldn't find it in the exercise section!
  • bnlstarr
    Options
    No problem! Thanks girls for all of your input. I am going to start putting it in as circuit training as well.
    Beth, how is it going for you now?
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor and burn around 250 calories (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on time of day and if ive done another workout). I weigh 145, so if you weigh more youre burning more, if you less youre burning less
  • Eirranne
    Eirranne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten an HRM yet - but am thinking about it. For 30DS I used this site http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.
    It breaks down the calories and I can add different minutes and produce the calories burned based on my weight - which for me is about 250.
  • CorrieTjaden
    Options
    Thank you al! I just started 30DS (again) and couldn't find anything on here.
  • candyluvr145
    Options
    I just found a blog about the 30 day shred, saying that you burn 168 calories in every 20 min workout with it.... just thought i'd let y'all kno! =o)