Netting Calories!!!

Options
Hi
I'm really struggleing with netting enough calories, this week I lost 1lb which isn't bad but know I really need to eat more!

Height: 5"6.5
Weight: 172.6lbs
Body Fat %: 27.5%
BMR: 1501 MFP
1607 (Fit 2 Fat)

I have my calorie goal set at 1500 and on a rest day this is fine, but on a workout day I just don't seem to be able to net enough.
Every Wednesday I swim for 1 hour in the morning earning me 782 cals and then on an evening I attend a Aquafit class earning another 239 cals last Wednesday I managed to net 992 cals, so far today I'm netting 294 my evening meal is planned and will be 647 cals minus my Aquafit bringing me to 702.

I don't want to eat unhealthy just to eat enough calories, how can I get more calories down me????

Replies

• paperducks
    Options
    Just eat healthy, calorie-packed foods :smile: Here's a helpful link below.

http://www.fitsugar.com/Healthy-Foods-High-Calories-21456771
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm really struggleing with netting enough calories, this week I lost 1lb which isn't bad but know I really need to eat more!

Height: 5"6.5
    Weight: 172.6lbs
    Body Fat %: 27.5%
    BMR: 1501 MFP
    1607 (Fit 2 Fat)

I have my calorie goal set at 1500 and on a rest day this is fine, but on a workout day I just don't seem to be able to net enough.
    Every Wednesday I swim for 1 hour in the morning earning me 782 cals and then on an evening I attend a Aquafit class earning another 239 cals last Wednesday I managed to net 992 cals, so far today I'm netting 294 my evening meal is planned and will be 647 cals minus my Aquafit bringing me to 702.

I don't want to eat unhealthy just to eat enough calories, how can I get more calories down me????

I also dont get all my cals added back in but I dont worry about that too much but I am trying to get my base cals up with healthy choices- thats hard for me :) I like bad stuff lol but a way that I do some additions are add some nuts- almonds, cashews, and walnuts are very good for you and will add some cals to your day when needed and are easy to get down.....also a fruit and protein shake for snack would be a healthy addition.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well first, I'd make sure those calories are accurate. Sometimes MFP overestimated calories burned--you would have to be working out pretty intensely to burn that many. Next, I recommend eating REAL food.

Some ideas:

B: oatmeal (150) cooked in 1 cup milk (80) with 2 tbsp pb stirred in while hot (190) = 420 calories

S: 1 oz nuts (160) 1 string cheese (80) = 240 calories

L: salad greens (30) w/ 4 oz chicken breast (120) 1 tbsp oil (120) 1 tbsp vinegar (10) and 1 oz cheese on top (100) = 380 calories

S: 2 servings baby carrots (75) w/ 1/4 cup hummus (140) = 215 calories

D: 1 serving ww pasta (180) w/ 1 cup broccoli (80) 1 can tuna (100) and 1 serving light alfredo sauce (70) = 430 calories

~1700 calories without being a ton of food. 1 bowl of oats. small snack. 1 salad. small snack. 1 bowl pasta. If you need more calories then have an evening snack. IF you get bored have steak on your salad, have eggs and a few strips of bacon with toast, have brown rice stir fried with shrimp and mixed veggies. All can be down healthily and with a reasonable number of calories.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You don't have to net it that day. You need to average your net goals.

When I do a lot of exercise one day (hiking for example), I eat more that day until I'm satisfied, and then eat more the next day or two because I find I'm more hungry than usual.

My average net more than meets my goals.