18,000 calorie burn challenge in a week Day 2

Options
2»

Replies

• SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious, and good on you! These sorts of crazy challenges are great motivation. If you don't push, how will you know your limits? That's what got me off the couch and down to the beach on my bike - turned out it wasn't nearly as scary as I'd feared.

Are you planning on doing the same workout every day, or varying it between Day 1 / Day 2 routines?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's the wave machine, it says it right on it.

cardio-wave.jpg
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd be down for 12,000 in a week, but 18,000 seems a little high. I burn 900-1000 every day as it is. If you really want to watch the calories burn, get on the treadmill and select the manual setting, then choose the highest incline (in my case it is 15.0), and walk at 4.0 to 4.5 MPH. Do that for an hour and you'll get really close to the 1,500 you're trying to burn in a workout.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Which machine is that? Not trying to put you down but, it might be an overestimation.

I've had alot of people asking and i'm not quite sure, i'll try explain it, i believe it targets the burn, hips and thighs and you have to float by moving your legs kinda towards the side so e.g. left leg down, right one up, right leg down, left leg up, and so on. When i go to gym i will ask what the machine is called as it doesn't have anything on it to say what its called.

And yes, i was surprised of how many calories it burns and yes it probably is way too much of an estimation, however im not really bothered about the precise amount as long as i know that i have to keep getting up everyday and doing some sort of exercise to keep fit, even though 18,000 is beyond i would say pretty much everyone in fact 18,000 on the machines is probably going to be under 10,000 if it would be exact but as long as i know im doing something about my weight im extremely happy.

One last thing i would like to say is a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted support and motivation, it really does help you push harder when people give you that little bit of encouragement.

Ah, okay. I understand now. If it floats your boat... :)
  • katiefly86
    Options
    All the more power to you. However, I get that you're not hungry with all that exercise, but you have to make yourself eat. You're eating ~900 calories a day and you're burning ~3000 w/ exercise, and ~1500 just at rest. That means you're burning ~3600 more calories than you are eating. My mom radar is going off. Please, please, please eat more. Definitely do your best at whatever you do, but make sure you are doing it wisely. Good luck w/ your challenge!!! :happy: